Thaumcraft "Node in a Jar"

Should I make a node room or should I make a teleporter system?

• Node recharge room

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warp system

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

General_Metrac

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys I was just wondering, I'm working on thaumcraft right now and the node in a jar research is very fun, however it is causing me problems due to the fact that I'm finding 110 point bright nodes, but when I jar them to put them in my wand recharge area, they turn to normal nodes. Now what I'm wondering is, is this only a chance the node goes down in power, and and i able to restore it to its proper glory? The other concern I just read about "node bullying" and wonder if this is something I should worry about?

To be honest, it seems like i should just set up a chunkloaded teleporter and simply warp to nodes that I can charge off of individually, instead of try to gather a room of nodes? Please, any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

-General_Metrac

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
1. Nodes have a 75% chance to degrade iirc when bottled. If you examine the bottle it should reflect the new state, so you don't have to unbottle it to find out.

2. If nodes are separated by 3 or less tiles (in all axes) then the node with the larger total capacity will start to bully the smaller node. The class of the node doesn't matter. A fading node could bully a bright node if the bright node had a smaller total capacity.

3. Just make a staff of the primal. It will recharges - up to a capacity of 25 - all its essentia. This is not enough for some uses, but its recharge is quick so its perfect for using the offensive cores, equal trade etc.

4. You don't need to chunkload nodes in TC 4.1 for them to recharge. They recharge, when reloaded, using a timestamp or some mechanisim to predict how much charging they would have done if kept loaded.

5. They bully mechanisim is useful to give bright nodes "some" points in all available aspects. However, bully nodes only have a chance to grow a point in capacity, which is the inverse of their current capacity of that aspect. So, trying to grow a bright node past the low teens in all aspects is increasingly difficult.

Bully nodes will also drain points of the target nodes essentia without growing themselves, and when they drain the target aspect to zero the target nodes starts to loose total capacity. Either micromanage this process using node stabilizers, OR, (carefully) place at least 4 weak nodes (with varying essentia types) around a bully bright node such that they are in range of the bully node but not each other. Because the bully node now has 4 targets to choose from each node only has a 1/4 chance of being chosen "per tick" giving them a lot more chances to recharge between being drained. Obviously only drain the center node in this scheme - don't use a wand recharge pedestal.

Veggetossj

Jul 29, 2019
Also if you are playing on Monster (u didnt specify what u were playing on) u can use the Black Mover from Random Things Mod. Its a tool that stores picked up blocks or tile enitities in its tool untill placed back in the world. This can circumvent both the need for a wand and the possible degredation of the node when jarred.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
I dont know if it will work, but maybe the blood magic teleposer can teleport nodes as well (this is something I'm going to test).

General_Metrac

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for all the info, and sorry I forgot to say, I'm using the crackpack and enjoying it, also WayofTime, it's nice to see you reply to threads like this :) I'm looking forward to trying out your mod very soon! Looks complicated in the beginning, but seems like a lot of fun

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for all the info, and sorry I forgot to say, I'm using the crackpack and enjoying it, also WayofTime, it's nice to see you reply to threads like this :) I'm looking forward to trying out your mod very soon! Looks complicated in the beginning, but seems like a lot of fun
The only complicated part is the spell crafting, the altars tiers are only vague more then complicated it's not clear how you are supposed to figure out how you are supposed to tier up without looking up a wikki for the altar patterns. Also rituals seem complicated but the ritual diviner builds them for you.

Reactions: Padfoote

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
It's not complicated in the beginning, it's more time consuming just to craft the stuff to get up to tier 2. The jump to tier three is slightly easier, but then creating the tier three blood orb requires a lot of preparation. After that you get access to a lot of automating stuff which makes it easier.

Reactions: Padfoote

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
It's not complicated in the beginning, it's more time consuming just to craft the stuff to get up to tier 2. The jump to tier three is slightly easier, but then creating the tier three blood orb requires a lot of preparation. After that you get access to a lot of automating stuff which makes it easier.
It's not complicated at all. Until as I said BM's spell crafting mechanic and maybe the flasks. The rest is Ikea style follow the diagram altars and self building rituals.
If it wasn't for that spell casting mechanic it would be quite the boring mod.