Thaumcraft and agricraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so I decided to do something different and use golems to do my farm this time.

I'm a little confused though as to what I need. I have agricraft ... So what cores do I need. I have a wheat farm and a tree farm...

gattsuru

May 25, 2013
You'll need a Harvest Core for every 9x9 square (4 blocks from the Golem's place location, upgradable by one block for each Aqua upgrade). This golem will pick the plants. With Agricraft, you don't need an Order Upgrade for it to replant the material, so Aqua Upgrades are the way to go. I also recommend faster-moving golems like Straw, as Strength doesn't get used.

You'll also need a Gather Core for every 16x16 square. This golem will pick up anything within this range, and bring it to the inventory where the golem was first placed. Because 10/10/* crops will drop up to four ingredients at once, I'd recommend a golem that can hold more material at once -- Clay or even Iron can cover better than faster light-weights.

Trees are more complicated. Gathering the felled trees takes a Gather Core, but you'll need a Chop Core to bring down the tree, and a Use Core to replant the saplings. Note that the Chop Core requires infusion up to the Axe of the Stream.

Reactions: Psychicash

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Typically, if you use Agricraft's irrigation system, you're going to be planting in 7 x 7 rather than 9 x 9 due to the size of the sprinkler's radius, which means one harvester per plot and no water upgrades necessary. I'd second the suggestion that you get a golem with a lot of carrying capacity for your gatherer, I'd honestly go Thaumium if you have the materials. Tallow would move faster than Iron, but Iron carries so much more. On the Harvest golem, I'd suggest Air for faster harvesting, and Earth for the Gather golem for more carrying capacity. I'd also suggest equipping your golems with a Fez and Bowtie... because they are cool. And because of the increased movement speed and regeneration, but mostly because they are cool. Even better if they can be equipped with a tool from Project Red...

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
3917fead50fe3949394a26b761d26dc3.jpg

Ok so last night, thanks for the help by the way. Last night I made this, just as proof of concept. I watched it for about 20 minutes or so. Worked great.

Logged off and logged on this morning and the gather golem was gone. Thinking that it could be a zombie, I installed the warded stones and made a new golem. This time while playing, after about 20 minutes, I come back and the golem is gone. I know the design could be better, and will be. At the moment, it's more proof of concept. The area is chunk loaded and well lit.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
I'm gonna say it's with the server, someone else may have abused golems in the past. Not sure precisely how, but it's clearly the server removing golem entities when a chunk is unloaded.

Try adding a chunk loader for that area, if you have one and see if an another Mini-Me pulls a Houdini again.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
I'm going to restructure it to a smaller space and assign them. I don't see the owner restricting things because mystcraft is enabled lol.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Is there a way to make golems plant the crop stick thingies from agricraft?

Edit: should prolly read thread before commenting >.<

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know but they don't brake them they just pull the grown plants. This works beautifully. You planning on expanding your farm? ;) actually bloke I don't know that I want to know what you're planning

Reactions: malicious_bloke

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Depending on the golem you used, is it possible that it is drowning in your water source block? I'd slap a lilypad over it to be safe.

Golems, while cool (especially those wearing fez and bowtie combination), tend not to be the most intelligent help. A gather golem's range occasionally makes him derp out and get lost, even in the most well thought out scenarios, as he will see something random just on the edge of his range, run after it, not know how to get home, and then just wander off. Even paving stones of warding have failed me in keeping the little buggers corralled on occasion.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
3917fead50fe3949394a26b761d26dc3.jpg

Ok so last night, thanks for the help by the way. Last night I made this, just as proof of concept. I watched it for about 20 minutes or so. Worked great.

Logged off and logged on this morning and the gather golem was gone. Thinking that it could be a zombie, I installed the warded stones and made a new golem. This time while playing, after about 20 minutes, I come back and the golem is gone. I know the design could be better, and will be. At the moment, it's more proof of concept. The area is chunk loaded and well lit.

Depending on the golem you used, is it possible that it is drowning in your water source block? I'd slap a lilypad over it to be safe.

Golems, while cool (especially those wearing fez and bowtie combination), tend not to be the most intelligent help. A gather golem's range occasionally makes him derp out and get lost, even in the most well thought out scenarios, as he will see something random just on the edge of his range, run after it, not know how to get home, and then just wander off. Even paving stones of warding have failed me in keeping the little buggers corralled on occasion.
Yea chances are the Gather Golem is just wandering off. Even with the warded stone there he could still path out by jumping onto the chest to get above the level where the stones do their warding. You'll probably find a couple of gather golems stuck in the most random spots soon enough.