Thaumcraft alchemy golem

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Any idea why it is running in circles instead of being useful? The guides I've seen say you need to mark one jar like this and then it'll find where to store the essentia.

4KURY8Q.png

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
They are golems, they have always been derpy as fuck. I don't assign them to any more then 2 jars. Then again I very seldom automate TC4 alchemy without cheap addons like Thaumic energistics & Technomancy. Working with tubes and golems Is too much of a headache. Maybe if golems could pathfind better I wouldn't cheese it with addons.
You probably might have to simplify the path to the jars and keep them on the same level as the golem. They can get caught on the stupidest things.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Any idea why it is running in circles instead of being useful? The guides I've seen say you need to mark one jar like this and then it'll find where to store the essentia.

4KURY8Q.png

you have made things quite hard for that golem with the 3D stacking of jars, there is pretty much always a jar between the golem and the jar it wants to reach. Lay the jars out in a line, or in a wall, so it can reach the jars it wants to without trying to path *through* other jars.

Reactions: RedBoss

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
I see... I think I'll go for a half automation then. The golem will just empty the alembics and I'll move everything to the storage room myself.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
I came up with this setup instead. It seems to be working for now, not sure if it'll break the golem in the long run.

18su7Pm.png