Thaumcraft 4 (Thaumic Tinkerer) Research Problem

Benja88

Jul 29, 2019
Hey. I'm doing research on Thaumcraft. And I came up with a problem. This is for the Wand Focus: Efreet's Flame. I have tried every aspect. But it seems it's only three. Potensia, Ignis and Praecantatio. But how is this going to work? I don't have enough "letters". Any help would be appreciated. :)
Skjermbilde 2013-12-13 kl. 02.25.16.png

Dee_Twenty

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately I've found that sometimes that can happen, you can try absolutely every aspect available and just won't have enough runes light up to be able to connect the dots, all you can do is trash the scroll and keep trying until the Random Number Gods smile upon you.

Reactions: MigukNamja

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumic Tinkerer tends to have a higher tendency for impossible research in my experience. Trash it and try another. That just how rng works.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
This is a very well known issue and had frequented these forums a lot. As those before me in this thread have said, scrap it and try again.

The problem isn't with TT but with TC4. It uses an algorithm that isn't perfect and that should be tweaked in the next versions.
FYI: Aza has said he won't be updating TC4 anymore until 1.7.

Reactions: RedBoss

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
This is a very well known issue and had frequented these forums a lot. As those before me in this thread have said, scrap it and try again.

The problem isn't with TT but with TC4. It uses an algorithm that isn't perfect and that should be tweaked in the next versions.
FYI: Aza has said he won't be updating TC4 anymore until 1.7.

I thought it was a feature that you sometimes can get research that's unsolvable...

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
I just started experimenting with tc4 and since you have a ss of the research table i tought i would ask here. What do those blue markers in the top left of certain aspects mean?

Verstuurd van mijn ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 4010X met Tapatalk

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
I just started experimenting with tc4 and since you have a ss of the research table i tought i would ask here. What do those blue markers in the top left of certain aspects mean?

Verstuurd van mijn ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 4010X met Tapatalk

That indicates that you have a bonus research point, so when you run out of that aspect you get the one free point.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
I hardly ever had this problem with Thaumcraft 4 proper, just with TT. Then again, TT is by far (my) largest TC4 Add-On mod, so of course I'd be more likely to see it in TT than any other TC4 Add-On mod.

Azanor must know how to use (work around) his node-selection algorithm well enough to mostly avoid it in TC4 proper.[DOUBLEPOST=1387208278][/DOUBLEPOST]
That indicates that you have a bonus research point, so when you run out of that aspect you get the one free point.

Yes, and you should use that to your full advantage. You only get 1 and only 1 bonus point if a primal aspect is at zero.

Always try to keep the following primals at zero(0):
  • Aer
  • Aqua
  • Ordo
  • Terra
...by combining into these "must-have" 2nd-tier aspects:

Motus = Aer + Ordo
Victus = Aqua + Terra
Vacuos = Aer + Perditio
Potentia = Ordo + Ignis