Bug Thaumcraft 4 rendering issue

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
Preface: I apologize if this is the wrong board to post this; it seemed like the most fitting place.

So a few days ago, the vis beams between relays started rendering... oddly. Some beams render fine, but for other ones it seems like the picture and animation data is being loaded, but the transparency isn't. It doesn't have any real impact on gameplay, but it's very ugly and really distracting, especially because one of my favourite parts of Thaumcraft is the aesthetics! It's important to note that they just started rendering strangely one day, without any apparent cause.

DxYnB2a.png

You can see the difference in this picture: the beam on the right is rendering correctly, while the one on the left is bugged. Does anyone know what causes this glitch, or how to fix it?

The mods I'm using are Thaumcraft (obviously), Thaumic Tinkerer and Exploration, RotaryCraft (with ReC and ElC), Bibliocraft, Buildcraft (with Additional Pipes), Ender Storage, Chickenchunks, Translocator, Iron Chests, Natura, Project Red (Integration only), Railcraft, and Biomes o' Plenty. I do also have FastCraft installed.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Look at your chunk boundaries and see if this only occurs within the same chunk (if so, move the vis relay outside of the chunk and see what happens then).

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
I tested it; it can happen both between chunks and in the same chunk.

I don't have Optifine installed.
The only thing that comes to mind is fairly obvious: check your video drivers, update if out of date, that sort of thing. Having said that, I have a somewhat similar issue, in that my beams render or don't render at all because reasons. I tend to just ignore it, myself, since I never trust java to do anything right.

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I sort of found a way to fix it by going right down to bedrock so that the fog appears, which for some reason causes the beams to disappear entirely. Then, breaking and replacing the relays fixes the rendering, at least until I relog. It's time consuming, but I figure a clunky solution is better than having to look at the broken renders.

Last edited:

gallahorn

Jul 29, 2019
I got the same issue as you with DW20 pack started to happen today for me. Some render normaly some render like yours.