Thaumcraft 4 help

cameroncrick18

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys didnt know where I can put this but im on 1.6.4 monster and the newest thaumcraft and im having trouble with my alchemy. I have set up a alchemy furnace with 4 arcane alchembic on top with essentia tubes coming out of them into warded jars. But the essentia doesn't seem to be leaving the arcane alchembics. Here is my set up.

Attachments

• 2014-06-07_13.26.53.png
    2014-06-07_13.26.53.png
    721.2 KB · Views: 59

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, pipes don't work in that setup anymore. That was in 4.0. In 4.1 the easiest way to automate essentia distillation is to abandon pipes and use an alchemy golem.

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
essentia tubes got massive nerf in lates thaumcraft you no longer can run multiple essentia via one tube.It can be done ifyou make sure your tube ddon't cross over and you use one alembic per aspect but it means you will need quite a few of alchemical furneces and its not worth it.

Im my syganture thre is a linkt to tutorials on thaumcraft Ep 8 explains changes to to new tubes. And ep 22 explainshow to use it with golems.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
essentia tubes got massive nerf in lates thaumcraft you no longer can run multiple essentia via one tube.It can be done ifyou make sure your tube ddon't cross over and you use one alembic per aspect but it means you will need quite a few of alchemical furneces and its not worth it.

Im my syganture thre is a linkt to tutorials on thaumcraft Ep 8 explains changes to to new tubes. And ep 22 explainshow to use it with golems.
To continue on this, just use tubes for single-essentia operations like Herba to Lamp Of Growth

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
and for alchemy automation I have build nice golem producing factory that will produce any golem in a game and is permanently stack with flesh and soul sand and few centrifudges warks really neat. So basicly golems are for big general esentia colection tubes are for task specific that doesn't involve more than 8-10 essentia types.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
You need a seperate line of tubes and alembic for each jar. 2 different types of essential cannot travel through the same tube.
you might be able to get away with a tight setup of 8 lines of filter pipes or essentia buffers but it will still be unwieldy and you still might have problems with pressure.
Just make alchemy golems.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I forget who posted it, but I did see where someone automated their essentia filling using essentia buffers and bellows and some fancy redstone timing. It was quite a contraption. Very cool, but the alchemy golem is much, much simpler.

Iluvalar

Jul 29, 2019
Yes I also found a way using buffers. But it take lot of room and lot of buffers. It was also slowing down the alchimical process quite a bit. I figured that I could want at some point multiple jar of the same essentia and that would make the size of my project explode far beyond what I'd ever need to do manualy anyway.

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
I forget who posted it, but I did see where someone automated their essentia filling using essentia buffers and bellows and some fancy redstone timing. It was quite a contraption. Very cool, but the alchemy golem is much, much simpler.

And probably killed tps on most servers :p It is doable but not practical.