Thaumcraft 3 problem with crucible

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Affex

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, after playing FTB mindcrack pack for a long time now i finally got started with thaumcraft.
I made the basic stuff and started researching. Researched Nitor, and right clicked the discovery note.
I throw 2 coal and 6 torches into the cauldron (it was boiling) and right click with my wand.
Nothing happens expect the water disapperars, and i didnt get the nitor.
Did I do anything wrong or is it a bug?

Affex

Jul 29, 2019
No. Just 4 potentia

EDIT: I realised now I only need 3 torches, but the problem remains

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Odd. I could swear it was six... must have misremembered then.

That said, you're obviously not getting any nitor from giving it 4, so try 6?

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
This recipe has apparently changed since the last time I made it, or the wiki is wrong. The wiki says you need 4 Ignis, 6 Lux and 6 Potentia. That would be 3 coal and 6 torches (unless torches have changed too - they used to be 1 Lux each).

Affex

Jul 29, 2019
2q80mtz.png
[DOUBLEPOST=1362062158][/DOUBLEPOST]
This recipe has apparently changed since the last time I made it, or the wiki is wrong. The wiki says you need 4 Ignis, 6 Lux and 6 Potentia. That would be 3 coal and 6 torches (unless torches have changed too - they used to be 1 Lux each).
Throwed in 3 coal and 6 torches, didnt work[DOUBLEPOST=1362062382][/DOUBLEPOST]Couldnt get it to work with alumentum either

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, here's another thought...

...do you by chance have any Forestry backpacks in your inventory? ;)

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Damn man, true mystery that.

Is the flux increasing?

Aren't you shift-right clicking instead of right clicking?

Reactions: Affex

Affex

Jul 29, 2019
Solved! I was sneaking everytime I right clicked (Because I thought you needed to) wich makes all the essensia go out in the air as flux.
I Probably have a lot of flux around..

Edrosty

Jul 29, 2019
I love Wisps floating around my base, until some of those little bastards decide to shoot me. Those fuckin' things are so hard to hit with melee, it's ridiculous.. I had to make a friggen Wand of Lightning just to deal with them. I slaughtered every one that shot at me, and left the nice ones alone.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
I love Wisps floating around my base, until some of those little bastards decide to shoot me. Those fuckin' things are so hard to hit with melee, it's ridiculous.. I had to make a friggen Wand of Lightning just to deal with them. I slaughtered every one that shot at me, and left the nice ones alone.
Bows are pretty east to make and wisps are great target practice :).

Reactions: Guswut

Edrosty

Jul 29, 2019
-eyetwitch- Before I had my Infinity bow (Current stats on it are Power 5, Flame 1, Infinity 1, Unbreaking 3, Punch 1), you have NO idea how many arrows I wasted trying to shoot those bastards. I'm actually pretty damn good with a bow too. I've been banned from a server because they thought I was aimbotting. In reality, it's just, I'm really good at judging the arrow drop because I play a lot of FPS games as a sniper, with bullet drop. I had a full double chest of stacks of arrows, and one single chest full of Power 1 or Power 2 bows, and I kept going back to the server's PvP area repeatedly just because I was having fun.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
-eyetwitch- Before I had my Infinity bow (Current stats on it are Power 5, Flame 1, Infinity 1, Unbreaking 3, Punch 1), you have NO idea how many arrows I wasted trying to shoot those bastards. I'm actually pretty damn good with a bow too. I've been banned from a server because they thought I was aimbotting. In reality, it's just, I'm really good at judging the arrow drop because I play a lot of FPS games as a sniper, with bullet drop. I had a full double chest of stacks of arrows, and one single chest full of Power 1 or Power 2 bows, and I kept going back to the server's PvP area repeatedly just because I was having fun.

That is why one of my first goals is finding a skeleton spawner so I can get myself infinite arrows easily. Yeah, I could just build arrows, but in FTB it is easy enough to farm skeletons for a soul shard, so why not, right?