Texture Packs for FTB x128 or > (no comic/vanilla style)

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

I just started playing Minecraft and I´m using FTB since the first moment, I really enjoy it but I just can´t find any good( wish fits with my wishes) texture pack higher then 64x that is not Sphax.
Sphax works fine for me but I would like to change to a less comic style but do not go back to the vanilla blocks.
In general there are tons of nice packs out there on planetminecraft for example I found some very beautiful ones.

But I can´t find any similar (photo realistic) for FTB. I already saw some threads talking about if there are some texture packs but all of them seems to have the same end: There is not! If there is please tell me!

So my question is what makes texture packs compatible or not with FTB? In my understanding you have to change every single block, item, mob of any mod the the mod-pack so you have the same style on all objectives in game. If now I take a HD photo realistic pack which is not 100% compatible with ftb what would happen?
The changed blocks appear in HD the other ones will be in vanilla style? Could I mix me a customised pack out of different texture packs?

I hope I made clear what I´m looking for, if not let me know and I will try again J

Thx!

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
It takes time to redo the textures so not all packs are going to have ftb support. You can combine textures from different packs to form your own one. If you want to that then do a bit of research. Or why not make your own pack.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
I did :) I assume that I din´t read the part with the JSTR but even after this it seems to me to be a [32x] pack. Isn´t it?
Or did I do something wrong?

Jul 29, 2019
Johnsmith has been always 32x32. I know because Ive used it ever since I discovered it. Of all the 32x packs I've seen its the only good one before anything with a higher resolution.