Whitelist Server Terra Incognita|Mindcrack v8.2|24/7|Small, Mature Community

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

jaearess

Jul 29, 2019
The Terra Incognita Mindcrack FTB Server

IP: terraincognita.me (66.55.133.85 if that doesn't work for some reason)

Applications are current closed!
We received a lot of great applications and whitelisted some great people. We're going to let the current group of new users settle in. We will likely open applications again in the near future.

I started a Mindcrack FTB server a few weeks ago for some refugees of a server shutdown. We've been having a good time, but there's only a few of us (5), so we've decided to open up the server to applications.

First, a bit about the current players: we're all a laid back bunch. The general atmosphere is pretty mature and easy-going. There has been 0 drama, and we'd like to keep it that way. We don't have a ton of rules (nearly all of them can be boiled down to "use common sense" and "don't be a jerk. We don't have different 'classes' or 'levels' of players--everyone is just a player, including me.

Nobody is at the top of any tech tree, but we have been playing a few weeks so new players will be a little bit behind (though it's not like everyone else is running around in Quantum armor, powering their places with ultimate hybrid solars and producing every resource in the game with bees--far from it, in fact.) I just want that stated so no one thinks they're coming into a brand new server.

We're looking to add 15-20 regular players or so (subject to the interest level, of course.) We're trying to keep the server as a nice small community, not a giant public server with the chaos, griefing and such that comes with that. We're not necessarily looking for FTB masters (though we have nothing against them): any experience level is welcome.

If this sounds good to you, please fill at the form at the end of this post to apply (read the rest of the post first, however.) Applying implies you have read this entire post, and agree to the rules presented here, both for the application process and for the server itself.

This process is not going to be first-come, first-serve. The current players on the server will vote for applicants. Make a good first impression--you only get one! Proofreading your application and using correct spelling and grammar are highly recommended (a spelling/grammar mistake or two aren't going to disqualify you, but please take the time to write intelligibly. If your first language is not English, obviously there will be more leeway.)

Once you've submitted your application, I will get back to you within 24 hours (hopefully much sooner--just setting 24 hours at the absolute max.) My timezone is GMT-6, so keep that in mind.

Hopefully, I will be to tell you that you are whitelisted. However, if we decide you would not be a good fit, I will contact you privately, if possible, to let you know, so you aren't left wondering.

If there's a problem getting the current players to vote one way or another (we all have lives outside of Minecraft, of course), I'll contact you to let you know that I'm still waiting.

The server information:
* Completely standard Mindcrack v8.2 FTB server. No additional mods, no adjustments to Gregtech, etc.
* Nothing disabled
* ComputerCraft HTTP API is enabled
* Normal difficulty
* Runs 24/7 (excepting unexpected crashes and the like)
* Hourly world back ups
* 4 GB RAM VPN (will upgrade as necessary) on an SSD
* Located in New York City

The rules are as follows:
* You must be active regularly (not necessarily every day, but we'd like to see new players online fairly often)
* No hacking/glitching/cheating
* No griefing (harmless pranks are fine)
* No nukes (nuclear reactors are fine with the appropriate precautions)
* No swearing/insulting other players
* No PvP (unless arranged)
* No stealing from other players or from public services
* Don't leave holes in the landscape. You must either build a quarry underground or fill in the top of the hole once it's finished.
* Use things like chunk loaders intelligently. No need to load 100 chunks for your sorting system. Otherwise, chunk loaders, et al. are fine.
* For anything not specifically covered here, remember two things: use common sense and don't be a jerk.
* You can feel free to make videos or even an LP of the server if you'd like.

Current server features:
* Public "machine shop" with most of the basic IC2 machines, along with rolling machines and blulectric alloy furnaces.
* Public farms at spawn for all your hunger needs! (Automated farms are in the works.)
* Public stock yard--stocked with at least two of each vanilla animal. No need to go out 1000 blocks from spawn to find a sheep or cow.
* Public nether wart farm.
* Tier 5 Endermen spawner for XP and Ender Pearl grinding. Includes enchantment/uncrafting/anvil set up.
* Tier 5 Blaze spawner for Blaze Rod grinding. There are plans to set up several more and eventually get a full Blaze XP grinder going.
* Of course, a public Nether portal and Twilight Forest portal.
* Friendly players, always willing to help! Just ask if you need anything.

Application:
In-Game Name:
Have you ever been banned?:
If you have been banned before, please explain why:
What is your experience level with FTB?:
What's your favorite part of FTB?:
Why do you want to join the server?:
Tell us a bit about yourself:
Additional info (if any):

Psyche_MC

Jul 29, 2019
In-Game Name: Pysk7
Country and Timezone (from GMT): USA eastern/central (UTC 5/6)
Have you ever been banned?:nope
What is your experience level with FTB?: been playing regular minecrack for about 2-3 months
What's your favorite part of FTB?: the wide variety of different mods and trying to find efficient ways to do things under certain constraints if quite fascinating
Why do you want to join the server?: I want to play in a community and work on projects with other people

Levven

Jul 29, 2019
In-Game Name: Levven
Country and Timezone (from GMT): GMT -8 Pacific Coast Canada
Have you ever been banned?: No
If you have been banned before, please explain why: N/A
What is your experience level with FTB?: I have been playing FTB for quite a while, got up to quantum armor on a world once, but have mostly been watching the MindCrackers.
What's your favorite part of FTB?: All of the things the mod pack adds to Minecraft, it's like a whole new game.
Why do you want to join the server?: I'm looking for a small, mature community that just wants to play some FTB, this seems like a great server for that.
Tell us a bit about yourself: I'm a senior in High School that loves MC, I also enjoy soccer quite a bit. I'm hoping I can make some buds from this server.
Additional info (if any): None really, just hope to hear back from you guys soon.

jaearess

Jul 29, 2019
In-Game Name: Levven
Country and Timezone (from GMT): GMT -8 Pacific Coast Canada
What is your experience level with FTB?: I have been playing FTB for quite a while, got up to quantum armor on a world once, but have mostly been watching the MindCrackers.
What's your favorite part of FTB?: All of the things the mod pack adds to Minecraft, it's like a whole new game.
Why do you want to join the server?: I'm looking for a small, mature community that just wants to play some FTB, this seems like a great server for that.
Tell us a bit about yourself: I'm a senior in High School that loves MC, I also enjoy soccer quite a bit. I'm hoping I can make some buds from this server.
Additional info (if any): None really, just hope to hear back from you guys soon.

Congratulations, Levven! You've been added to the server whitelist. Hope to see you there soon :D

BongKing666

Jul 29, 2019
In-game name: BongKing666
Country/Timezone: Canada, ECT
Ever been banned?: No.
Experience with FTB: I have been playing FTB for just over 6 months now and plan on playing for a long time.
Favourite part of FTB: Almost all the mods espcially forrestry and extra bees :)
Why do you want to join: Looking for a great community of player to create an awesome world/server.
A bit about me: I just finished highschool and just started my first fulltime job. Outside of work I spend almost all my time playing minecraft and meeting new people.
Additional Info: Not really, just hoping to be accepted and start meeting everyone apart of the server.

Levven

Jul 29, 2019
Congratulations, Levven! You've been added to the server whitelist. Hope to see you there soon :D

Thanks for the quick reply, but it still displays that I am not whitelisted on this server when I try to connect. The whitelist may just need a quick reload. Not to big of a rush, but I am excited to play. Thanks for accepting me.

jaearess

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the quick reply, but it still displays that I am not whitelisted on this server when I try to connect. The whitelist may just need a quick reload. Not to big of a rush, but I am excited to play. Thanks for accepting me.

Okay, I've tried adding you again, this time both with "Levven" and with "levven". If you still can't get on, let me know.

liusf

Jul 29, 2019
In-Game Name: liusf
Country and Timezone (from GMT): (UTC-05:00) Bogota, Lima, Quito
Have you ever been banned?: Nop
What is your experience level with FTB?: 2 months of ftb single player
What's your favorite part of FTB?: how big it is
Why do you want to join the server?: Looking for a good ftb server.
Tell us a bit about yourself: I live in Panama

Mudguy47

Jul 29, 2019
In-Game Name: mudguy47
Country and Timezone (from GMT): Arizona
Have you ever been banned?: Not from my knowledge, I just checked MCbans.com and it said I have no bans.
What is your experience level with FTB?: Well I have been playing FTB since late December and I played Technic and Tekkit way before that. So I would say my experience level is quite high.
What's your favorite part of FTB?: The Thaumcraft stuff. I also like the IC2 and GregTech stuff.
Why do you want to join the server?: Well I just got out of a server just hours ago due to some major drama. So I want a small community to play with.
Tell us a bit about yourself: Well I am from a moderately small town, I play lots of video games and am starting to getting into commercial programming languages. I don't like to start fights because whats the use it gets no where but two angry people. And I generally help, everyone I can, out.
Additional info (if any): If you want to add me on Steam, my Steam ID is Mudguy47.

Kushtherogue

Jul 29, 2019
In-Game name: Kushtherogue
Country and Timezone (from GMT): US, EST
Have you ever been banned?: No, I'm fairly new to the multiplayer, but I soon realized that Feed The Beast is 10x more fun with other people.
What is your experience level with FTB?: Close to 2 months of experience.
What's your favorite part of FTB?: Gregtech 100%. Kush Laboratories!
Why do you want to join the server?: Like I said, I am fairly new to the multiplayer. A couple friends introduced me to FTB, and they had a small server going that I would play on when they were online, but it wasn't 24/7 and they weren't extremely active. So I decided to try and find a small community server where I can play with a group, consistently.
Tell us a bit about yourself: I'm an extremely kind and mellow person. I'm against violence, love music, love video games, love my little family, and manage a 5-star kitchen during the day. I'm very slow to anger, and quick to laugh.
Additional info (if any): I mostly play in the afternoons and evenings (I would usually be logging on around 6-7pm GMT, and play throughout the evening/night). Thanks and I hope you guys consider me.

jrabb1t

Jul 29, 2019
In-Game Name: jrabb1t
Country and Timezone (from GMT): USA, HAST (hawaii)
Have you ever been banned?: never
If you have been banned before, please explain why: n/a
What is your experience level with FTB?: Been playing on FTB for about a month now. I love it!
What's your favorite part of FTB?: Overall experience has been fun all around with FTB, favorite part I guess would be using the tech mods
Why do you want to join the server?: Looking for a smaller server to play on, have been playing singleplayer mostly simply because I can't find a server that fits me yet.
Tell us a bit about yourself: I am in the military and currently live in pearl harbor. I could possibly be deployed at any point but for the most part I can make it online a few hours almost every day.
Additional info (if any): Havent been playing minecraft too long, but have learned quite a bit from youtube and been testing out things in singleplayer, now I would just like a small group to play along with.

omnissiah19

Jul 29, 2019
In-Game Name: omnissiah19
Country and Timezone (from GMT): united states and pacific time
Have you ever been banned?: no
If you have been banned before, please explain why: n/a
What is your experience level with FTB?: most of the stuff is in tekkit so fairly experienced
What's your favorite part of FTB?: traincraft with railcraft and forestry
Why do you want to join the server?: for a small core group and teach other people railcraft if they want
Tell us a bit about yourself: i like minecraft and you will see me on a lot

jaearess

Jul 29, 2019
Hello there Jaearess, I am interested in joining the server as I have been a part of a few small community groups, and I have learnt to appreciate these smaller groups much more than any large server. I been playing much on SSP, but I it is just not the same as being able to build with other people, or for other people to come see what you have built, and just in-general work along side other people. I been looking to find a smaller community that is active still whom is willing enough to take me in. I have been on a vanilla small community server for over a year now, but due to the owner quitting, things had just gone downhill. I am currently a in University and working, but have enough time to contribute towards the game of a at least a few hours each evening and most of Fridays. I am hoping that this could be a replacement and accepted into here.

Formal Application for ease:
In-Game Name: Sintel1911
Country and Timezone (from GMT): Alberta, Canada (-7:00 GTM) with under <60ms ping to NYC based servers.
Have you ever been banned?: Never.
What is your experience level with FTB?: Moderate overall, advanced through most of the major mods, lower knowledge towards ComputerCraft and turtles in-general.
What's your favorite part of FTB?: Finding the correct location, and building an elaborate and weird base.
Why do you want to join the server?: Please see written response.
Tell us a bit about yourself: I am currently a University student starting my Bachelors of Computer Science soon. I am also experienced programmer in C++, Java, and PHP + MySQL doing many freelance projects for small to medium sized companies. I maintain a job in the Health Care system where I am, nothing too special. I have quite a bit of free time and do like to play my share of Minecraft.
Additional info (if any): I believe I covered enough in this application, but I am willing to answer any additional questions.

I hope to see you among any other applicants in the near future,
Thank you, Sintel1911

Congratulations, Sintel1911! Your application has been approved, and you've been added to the server white list. Hope to see you soon :D

In-Game Name: mudguy47
Country and Timezone (from GMT): Arizona
Have you ever been banned?: Not from my knowledge, I just checked MCbans.com and it said I have no bans.
What is your experience level with FTB?: Well I have been playing FTB since late December and I played Technic and Tekkit way before that. So I would say my experience level is quite high.
What's your favorite part of FTB?: The Thaumcraft stuff. I also like the IC2 and GregTech stuff.
Why do you want to join the server?: Well I just got out of a server just hours ago due to some major drama. So I want a small community to play with.
Tell us a bit about yourself: Well I am from a moderately small town, I play lots of video games and am starting to getting into commercial programming languages. I don't like to start fights because whats the use it gets no where but two angry people. And I generally help, everyone I can, out.
Additional info (if any): If you want to add me on Steam, my Steam ID is Mudguy47.

Thank you for applying, Mudguy47. You've also been accepted, and I've added you to the whitelist. Hope you have fun on the server :D

jaearess

Jul 29, 2019
In-Game name: Kushtherogue
Country and Timezone (from GMT): US, EST
Have you ever been banned?: No, I'm fairly new to the multiplayer, but I soon realized that Feed The Beast is 10x more fun with other people.
What is your experience level with FTB?: Close to 2 months of experience.
What's your favorite part of FTB?: Gregtech 100%. Kush Laboratories!
Why do you want to join the server?: Like I said, I am fairly new to the multiplayer. A couple friends introduced me to FTB, and they had a small server going that I would play on when they were online, but it wasn't 24/7 and they weren't extremely active. So I decided to try and find a small community server where I can play with a group, consistently.
Tell us a bit about yourself: I'm an extremely kind and mellow person. I'm against violence, love music, love video games, love my little family, and manage a 5-star kitchen during the day. I'm very slow to anger, and quick to laugh.
Additional info (if any): I mostly play in the afternoons and evenings (I would usually be logging on around 6-7pm GMT, and play throughout the evening/night). Thanks and I hope you guys consider me.

Congratulations, Kushtherogue! You've been accepted on to the server and added to the whitelist. :D

In-game name: BongKing666
Country/Timezone: Canada, ECT
Ever been banned?: No.
Experience with FTB: I have been playing FTB for just over 6 months now and plan on playing for a long time.
Favourite part of FTB: Almost all the mods espcially forrestry and extra bees :)
Why do you want to join: Looking for a great community of player to create an awesome world/server.
A bit about me: I just finished highschool and just started my first fulltime job. Outside of work I spend almost all my time playing minecraft and meeting new people.
Additional Info: Not really, just hoping to be accepted and start meeting everyone apart of the server.

BongKing666--thanks for applying, and welcome to the server :) I've added you to the whitelist.

Edrosty

Jul 29, 2019
In-Game Name: Asukai
Country and Timezone (from GMT): United States, +5 Eastern Time
If you have been banned before, please explain why: N/a
What is your experience level with FTB?: I've gotten to know FTB quite well, as I've been playing it for about 2 months now on Single Player, getting to know the mods and whatnot.
What's your favorite part of FTB?: My favorite part of FTB is exploration, and Thaumcraft. I love going out thousands of blocks away from wherever I start, just so I can find a cool biome or some neat feature. Personally, I LOVE exploring to find nice Autum Woods biomes.
Why do you want to join the server?: Single player, while it is fun, does lose some of its appeal after a while, after you manage to get everything that you could possibly need (AKA over 15,000 UU matter and over 5000 Iridium).
Tell us a bit about yourself: I'm a somewhat personal person, I keep to myself, but I LOVE doing things with other players, especially if it involves me helping them or something of the sort. I love being polite and caring, to everyone, just because at the end of the day, it makes me feel good when I know I've cheered someone up or helped someone out in some way. I avoid profanity in chat, though I do swear to myself sometimes IRL, like if a creeper blows me up or something of the sort. I watch AnderZel, Docm77, Guude, PauseUnpause, VintageBeef, Etho, Bdoubleo100, and Generikb. The more that I watch them, the more and more I crave a multiplayer experience, an experience that single player obviously just doesn't provide. I have so many ideas and plans, but I have little motivation to do them in single player, when I'm the only one that's going to see them.
Additional info (if any): Without school, and without a job (though I have been searching), I'm able to play quite frequently, regardless of what time it is. I'd probably spend a good 3-6 hours online each day, if not more. I do have a Microphone, Webcam, and all the tools necessary to Stream and create Videos. My skype is Edrosty.

BusterBlack

Jul 29, 2019
In-Game Name: BusterBlack
Country and Timezone (from GMT): USA, Central (GMT -5)
Have you ever been banned?: Nope
What is your experience level with FTB?: Been playing about 4 months, I know a decent amount of stuff about the MindCrack pack
What's your favorite part of FTB?: Exploring or Bees (Even though i haven't gotten very far in bees yet)
Why do you want to join the server?: I played on a SP world for a few months, but I like the feeling of having a community
Tell us a bit about yourself: I try to get on everyday and I'm friendly and try to help out whenever I can
Additional info (if any): I don't have a mic at the moment, but I will be getting one shortly.

UselessFlaw

Jul 29, 2019
In-Game Name: UselessFlaw
Country and Timezone (from GMT):USA, Eastern GMT -4 (same as the server)
What is your experience level with FTB?: a few months of playing on my personal server... which is now shut down.
What's your favorite part of FTB?: all the technical oriented mods, the wiring I think is my favorite part because it uses the most logic.
Why do you want to join the server?: I'm looking for a nice server to play on and have fun, being alone is terribly boring.
Tell us a bit about yourself: I'm a programmer and Tech wizard, I have a easygoing personality and I'd only get mad if you blew up my stuff :D I love to play with a community and just have fun.
Additional info (if any): I have a mic, and skype. I'd love to talk with you all, I think that makes games more fun and I can play for probably 12+ hours a week. I also live stream alot.

Reactions: haters :)

peypey

Jul 29, 2019
In-Game Name: peypey
Country and Timezone (from GMT): USA, PST
Have you ever been banned?:No
What is your experience level with FTB?: I play a lot, mainly use IC
What's your favorite part of FTB?: Industrial craft and portal gun
Why do you want to join the server?: The server that I usually play on has been disbanded, and I need somewhere with a good community to play
Tell us a bit about yourself: I am a freshman in highschool, I live on the west coast. My life is comprised of 3 main activities, school, lacrosse, and FTB
Additional info (if any): My last server got disbanded just when I was doing very well, and I want to get back to where I was so I will play alot if allowed on.

jaearess

Jul 29, 2019
In-Game Name: Asukai
Country and Timezone (from GMT): United States, +5 Eastern Time
If you have been banned before, please explain why: N/a
What is your experience level with FTB?: I've gotten to know FTB quite well, as I've been playing it for about 2 months now on Single Player, getting to know the mods and whatnot.
What's your favorite part of FTB?: My favorite part of FTB is exploration, and Thaumcraft. I love going out thousands of blocks away from wherever I start, just so I can find a cool biome or some neat feature. Personally, I LOVE exploring to find nice Autum Woods biomes.
Why do you want to join the server?: Single player, while it is fun, does lose some of its appeal after a while, after you manage to get everything that you could possibly need (AKA over 15,000 UU matter and over 5000 Iridium).
Tell us a bit about yourself: I'm a somewhat personal person, I keep to myself, but I LOVE doing things with other players, especially if it involves me helping them or something of the sort. I love being polite and caring, to everyone, just because at the end of the day, it makes me feel good when I know I've cheered someone up or helped someone out in some way. I avoid profanity in chat, though I do swear to myself sometimes IRL, like if a creeper blows me up or something of the sort. I watch AnderZel, Docm77, Guude, PauseUnpause, VintageBeef, Etho, Bdoubleo100, and Generikb. The more that I watch them, the more and more I crave a multiplayer experience, an experience that single player obviously just doesn't provide. I have so many ideas and plans, but I have little motivation to do them in single player, when I'm the only one that's going to see them.
Additional info (if any): Without school, and without a job (though I have been searching), I'm able to play quite frequently, regardless of what time it is. I'd probably spend a good 3-6 hours online each day, if not more. I do have a Microphone, Webcam, and all the tools necessary to Stream and create Videos. My skype is Edrosty.

Welcome to the server, Asukai--you've been accepted and whitelist :D

In-Game Name: UselessFlaw
Country and Timezone (from GMT):USA, Eastern GMT -4 (same as the server)
What is your experience level with FTB?: a few months of playing on my personal server... which is now shut down.
What's your favorite part of FTB?: all the technical oriented mods, the wiring I think is my favorite part because it uses the most logic.
Why do you want to join the server?: I'm looking for a nice server to play on and have fun, being alone is terribly boring.
Tell us a bit about yourself: I'm a programmer and Tech wizard, I have a easygoing personality and I'd only get mad if you blew up my stuff :D I love to play with a community and just have fun.
Additional info (if any): I have a mic, and skype. I'd love to talk with you all, I think that makes games more fun and I can play for probably 12+ hours a week. I also live stream alot.

Congratulations, UselessFlaw, you've been whitelisted. Hope to see you on soon :)

clintbro1

Jul 29, 2019
In-Game Name: clintbro1
Country and Timezone (from GMT): USA, Arizona Time
Have you ever been banned?: According to MCBans, no.
What is your experience level with FTB?: I have played Tekkit for a good 4 months, and as of about 2 months ago i have been playing FTB. So, to sum it up, rather high.
What's your favorite part of FTB?: Mostly the technical aspects of it, I'd say I'm quite a skilled mechanic and LOVE building machines and mechanisms to automate processes.
Why do you want to join the server?: I love small communities, as it helps to have everybody to know each other and be able to help each other out.
Tell us a bit about yourself: Live in Arizona, a sophomore, have 8 siblings, not much else to say. :p
Additional info (if any): Steam ID is clintbro1, add it if you want.