Tekkit refugee seeking solace

kroysemaj

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, it wasn't that bad.

Some friends and I were exposed to the modded MC world via The Technic Pack. We set up a small server and have really been enjoying digging into it. Unfortunately, it seemed to us like the community that's formed around Tekkit is not terribly open or welcoming (my experience), and it's objective fact that they've had public blowouts with modders (most recently CovertJaguar over Railcraft). I didn't particularly like the way the Tekkit guys handled it and started considering other alternatives. Besides the fact that I was concerned that if they continue down this road, ther will eventually be very few mods they're allowed to keep. Anyway, so I was exposed to the FTB community via DireWolf20's YouTube channel. Here we are! I like it so far.

LazDude2012

Jul 29, 2019
Welcome! As a member of both communities, I can tell you that nobody's perfect, but there's a lot less public ridicule here. :p

Entropy

Jul 29, 2019
Don't be silly, everyone knows DNS pack is the best, it even says so on their website:

Hello I am DNS dumb dumb said:
DNS is better than Technic because it doesn't require a premium account to play.

They also had a Direwolf20 pack before it was cool. Everyone on FTB needs to get with the times.
Anyway, welcome to FTB, where people shout about politics in a game about virtual legos.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Welcome to FTB!
As the top poster (presently) here and one of the top posters there, I can tell you there is a stark difference in attitudes. That difference however, is not a bad thing. Each community has its good points. Each community has its bad points. I personally prefer it here as well :) Glad you could join!

Reactions: mathjazz

jonjon1234

Jul 29, 2019
...and it's objective fact that they've had public blowouts with modders (most recently CovertJaguar over Railcraft).
It's quite rare, and it was over the modpack policy, not about being in the TP. But anyhow.....

Welcome to FTB!

Munaus

Jul 29, 2019
I've never been fond of the silly "refugee" part that people put in these introductions.... Like we are in some kind of war somewhere.

With the new feature custom pack thingy, I believe that Tekkit/Technic will stay....

Welcome to FTB, where we SHOULD play a game, not bicker and argue who's e-peen or launcher is better. Play the game how YOU want to!

Belone

Jul 29, 2019
Munaus, that was wholly un-troll-like, are you ill? *displays genuine look of concern*

And welcome to FTB :)