TC3 Enchanted Fabric

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
First of all I have been around a while but only just got around to making an account.
I will prob' end up kicking myself for being thick, but I tried to make enchanted fabric today and failed.
I used a wool block with 4 string as shown in recepie. I had my wand in the table with 50 vis in it but nothing appeared.

So, is that recepie enabled ? or am I just derping somehow.

Extra info:
using Mindcrack pack.
I used white wool block and I have the required reserch.
I am trying to make "boots of the traveller"

nevakanezah

Jul 29, 2019
You probably need jars of variously-flavoured essences near your table, to provide additional magicky goodness to the recipe.
Theres a section in the crafting UI that will list (in faded icons), the essences you need to provide.

See:

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
nevakanezah: thank you for you timely response. However, remember when I said I would prob' end up kicking myself for being thick ?
I'm not gonna go into detail because if I did the full extent of my derpness would be exposed. But safe to say there was nothing wrong with the recipie.
The error was with me.

Sorry to waste peoples time. I got it all working in the end.
What a way to make a first post :(

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
You probably need jars of variously-flavoured essences near your table, to provide additional magicky goodness to the recipe.
Theres a section in the crafting UI that will list (in faded icons), the essences you need to provide.

See:

No, the recipe for the fabric is done in the Arcane Worktable not the Infusion Altar. Recipes that require aspects are made in the Infusion Altar.

Did you try to make it in the Arcane Worktable or the Infusion Altar?

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
He didn't have the wand in the table, in all likelihood. An easy thing to overlook when you're only working with one wand still.

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
He didn't have the wand in the table, in all likelihood. An easy thing to overlook when you're only working with one wand still.

It was as simple as I had the recepie wrong. :oops:
I had put all 4 string in the corners of the table. Instead of directly above and to the side of the wool.

Told ya the truth would expose the full derpness that led to my mistake.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
I would classify that as lesser derpness than trying to craft something out of rockwool for the better part of 15 minutes.

nevakanezah

Jul 29, 2019
I would classify that as lesser derpness than trying to craft something out of rockwool for the better part of 15 minutes.
Retort: me and a friend, spending the better part of a full hour, wondering why six of our coolant cells refused to stay in our nuclear reactor.

Goddamned hydration cells

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Even better when you realise that you've been trying to shove a wolfranium cell in, wondering why your "coolant cell" won't go in. Or when I put in wolfranium instead of thorium.