Tall grass harvesting problems

Flexico

Dec 15, 2012
I set up a Steve's Carts Lawn Mower to clean up some tall grass, but it didn't work. The thing picked up flowers, PneumaticCraft plants, and even the wool off of nearby sheep, but not the tall grass. I thought it was a Steve's Carts bug, so i reported it there. However, I programmed a PneumaticCraft drone to harvest the tall grass, but it completely ignored it as well. I changed the drone to dig up a different block instead, and that worked fine. It just couldn't detect the tall grass. This makes me think there's something else going on that changes the ID of the tall grass or something. Has anyone else had this problem / know a solution?

ewsmith

Jul 29, 2019
the double block tall grass is a little weird. i suggest a water bucket for all your lawn care needs

Flexico

Dec 15, 2012
It's not double-tall, it's just the regular tall grass. Though that is a helpful idea.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
What are you doing? clearing or harvesting?
If it's the latter you NEED shears or things that act like shears.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Try a horn of the wild from botania? Or if you want to automate it, use a timer to time a redstone mana spreader to fire mana bursts at a drum of the wild. Then all you need to do is pick up all the plant life that got uprooted (I'd suggest a hopperhock, but there are many ways to do it). The faster you make the flowers/grass the more mana you'll need to fire though.

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
Striped pipes from buildcraft destroy tall grass. When you don't need the grass, this is the best solution.
I have a 5x5 area of grass blocks and an autonomous activator filled with bonemeal to plant flowers and grass. Then I set up 5x5 striped pipes above, each powered with an autarcic gate cutting all the flowers and grass. The striped pipes lead into iron pipes that lead into my LP network. Makes a stack of yellow and half a stack of red flowers per stack of bonemeal (ofc depending of the biome you're in).

When you actually need the cut grass, you have to provide the pipe with a pair of shears.