Tainted Lands...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing with Thaumcraft and Forbidden Magic, and noticed that there is a tainted wand core that will recharge itself automatically while in the tainted lands.

Has anyone ever though about setting up shop in the tainted lands? I know it would be dangerous as hell, but could be rather interesting.

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
you could use ehteral blooms to hold the taint at bay but still be there and live very close to the taint biome so wand recharge is a walk in the taint and back. thats what i have done so that my base never became tainted but easy access to tainted lands for "fun"

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
I'd reverse that, have a spot of taint, walled in with etheral blooms, way down near bedrock have the actual tainted soil blocks. The base is built above that, in a huge tower, with your farming done in satalite bases that are safe, and automated, and deliver to your main base where you spend your time with a recharging wand.

Reactions: San

San

Jul 29, 2019
I'd reverse that, have a spot of taint, walled in with etheral blooms, way down near bedrock have the actual tainted soil blocks. The base is built above that, in a huge tower, with your farming done in satalite bases that are safe, and automated, and deliver to your main base where you spend your time with a recharging wand.
make sure to have something protecting the actual blooms too. If anything happened to one of them...

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
From what I can tell, the actual damage is caused by the taint tendrils, not the actual biome itself. So if you can keep an area clear of the taint tendrils, it shouldn't affect anything. Does anyone know if there is a way to prevent the spread of the tendrils without using etherial blooms? (Outside of disabling them in the config file.)

It would be interesting trying to keep an animal farm going in it without them turning into their tainted varieties. I'm thinking the mob spawning mechanics from Thaumic Tinkerer would come in handy. Of course, you would need to kill a bunch of mobs to get the required essences to set it all up. (81 of each creature to be exact.)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
From what I experienced, Taint is counted as Biomes and therefore spans the entire Y-level. So you would need to leave an entire column of taint isolated inside your base.