T5 Endermen Spawner but how to kill them

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Sphinx2k

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,
I build myself a spawner but i can't get a good solution how to kill them.
I tryed to
- drop them down and kill them with the falling damage->some port away
- Kill them with water but the port away really fast

Any good way to get them all?

wertyujh

Jul 29, 2019
I am using fall damage, they actually cant port away while falling because they need to be standing on some kind of block to do that.

maylith

Jul 29, 2019
I believe Enderman require a 42 block drop to receive enough fall damage to be a 1 hit kill, 43 will kill them outright.

As for porting away, the spawner and drop should all be in a tower shaped room so they can't escape....

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
layer of transposers, 2 layers of air, layer of quicksand, let the endermen spawn and fall into it, doesn't have to be a huge fall

Reactions: Saice

Sphinx2k

Jul 29, 2019
layer of transposers, 2 layers of air, layer of quicksand, let the endermen spawn and fall into it, doesn't have to be a huge fall

This one i like.

For the falling. Yes they are dead most of the time when the hit the ground but some got away. i don't know why.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
you're probably better off with about 8 blocks of space between the quicksand and the spawner

Stanekk

Jul 29, 2019
Cover the whole Tower in water. They wont teleport Through it. Then make a fall that is able to be modified (sticky Pistons). Should solve your Problems.

Edit: drop them Off by some Pistons/Pressure plates.

Stanekk

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah but no other Solution as you cant Push em with water.

Another idea that just came to my mind was taking other liquids to drop them. Or do they get hurt by any liquid.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah but no other Solution as you cant Push em with water.

Another idea that just came to my mind was taking other liquids to drop them. Or do they get hurt by any liquid.
put your spawner 2 levels below the roof and then 8-10 blocks below that is quicksand, you don't need any water whatsoever...

Saice

Jul 29, 2019

I agree this is a nice simple way to do it.

I use this in my mod reactor and the whole mess is less then 10 block high

Reactions: Lambert2191

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I've added some shots of my mob system for refrance.

2013-01-31_06.46.09 by Saice, on Flickr

2013-01-31_06.47.14 by Saice, on Flickr

I have two layers of quick sand becuase I'm dealing with 3 high and 2 high mobs. As you can see there is only 1 air space between the sand and the spawners but they stack two high and then have an extra air space a top. I also have the short mobs in the buttom and the tall ones in the top. It turns out quicksand is a valid place to stand for mobs. I actully get random mob spawns in there when it is turned off.

Reactions: Dark0_0firE

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
luckily the mobs that would happily live in that 1 high space have too little health to survive falling through 2 layers of quicksand

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
luckily the mobs that would happily live in that 1 high space have too little health to survive falling through 2 layers of quicksand

Vary correct I have a chicken spawner in there too. They die before getting to air.

I did have a spider spawn in there. Be since they like to climb he killed himself.