SURVIVAL MAP- Universal Expansion

Blackstripe

Jul 29, 2019
Welcome to the Feed the Beast challenge map, Universal Expansion.

This IS my first map I've created, so please, give me all the critique and constructive criticism you can.

This map is made to be used with the Feed The Beast mod-pack. www.Feed-the-beast.com

The basis of the map is simple. You are a citizen of Haven, one of the last surviving villiges in the world. Your world has been nearly completely used up, and only trees, basic crops, and a few farm animals are left for resources. The other survivors have tasked YOU with the duty of finding a way to return their world to it's glory. Will you bring back wealth and prosperity to Haven? Or abondon it completely?

Rules:
1- Do not spawn in items. This defeats the point of the map.
2- Use at least Easy difficulty.
3- Survive in any way you can.
4- You may Place, Break, Mine, Craft, Build, Destroy, and Use whatever you want, in any way you want.

Challenges: (these will be expanded as I get more ideas.)
"-1"- I forgot something, didn't I? Congradulations, you've abandoned Haven. You left without a linking book to return with.
0- I like beef... You killed all your cows, didn't you...
1- Basic tools! Craft a full set of wooden tools.
2- Gear up! Wear full Leather Armor.
3- Moving on! Venture to new lands and Expand your universe into a new world through a Mystcraft book.
4- Stone Age! Bring Stone production back to Haven with a Cobble Generator.
5- Iron Age! Get all Iron Gear. That means armor, tools, and an Anvil.
6- Rock On! Replace all the Sandstone of Haven's ground with Stone Bricks or another Brick form. (just the top layer)
7- I have the POWER! Get a generator and a batbox from IC2.
8- Automation Nation! Set up an automated resource refinery inside Haven.
9- Into the Twilight! Go to the Twilight Forest.
10- Trade Routes! Establish trade with another village in the Overworld.
11- Rock Bottom... You've reached the three layers of stone under Haven. I told you nothing was there.
12- Author! Write a stable world.
13- To Hell and Back Again! Go to the Nether through Haven.
14- Power Hungry! Make, and operate a Nuclear Reactor through one full cycle.
15- One LAST THING... Ignite a Nuke inside Haven. ((Don't do this until you're ready to quit the map for good!!!))

DOWNLOAD: https://www.dropbox.com/s/e62lzzakbnwe0xk/Universal%20Expansion.zip

Screenshots:
http://www.freefileh...012-12-07031703
http://www.freefileh...012-12-07031716
http://www.freefileh...012-12-07031737
http://www.freefileh...012-12-07031840

Version 1.1
Edited because I forgot to place Reeds.

gusgillis1

Jul 29, 2019
Logging on right now, Minecraft is loading as I type, Ill check in in about 10-20 minutes and rate it

gusgillis1

Jul 29, 2019
Minute 10: Ok, kinda nice, made my first age and got a really nice age, got some resources and made a cobble gen. for challenge 4, the map looks nice so far, this is probably going to be a keeper, GJ on it :)

albioncutter

Jul 29, 2019
I must say i like the looks of this map i just started ... i am on hard and there is one thing that MUST be fixed when you start the first time you are in the ground next to the beds so you take some starting dammage...
the outher problem i am seeing is the monster swarm that takes out the town... major bad thing

Blackstripe

Jul 29, 2019
I must say i like the looks of this map i just started ... i am on hard and there is one thing that MUST be fixed when you start the first time you are in the ground next to the beds so you take some starting dammage...
the outher problem i am seeing is the monster swarm that takes out the town... major bad thing

I'm sorry, but, what map are you playing?
The town has a three high wall around it, Mobs can't get in. Unless you tear down the wall, but WHY would you do that Early game?
And yes, I'm aware of that damage but it should only happen when playing the map in SMP (I'm looking for a fix.), SSP should be fine.

albioncutter

Jul 29, 2019
Well the map i was/am useing is the
SURVIVAL MAP- Universal Expansion

i figured out that the map much be run on the FTB beta pack V12 i was on the outher version and that was what caused all the mobs to spawn and made the oil not work eather :) hehehehso far the map rocks... have tons of food but can't figure out the next step i think i am missing something.... hehehehe i realy love this map tho

SilentThief

Jul 29, 2019
I absolutely love this map. But it's to easy to complete, people can just make a dimension and it's basically a survival world, with some challenges.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
This sounds interesting. I'll try it and return with juicy feedback. also, It would be convienient to include a .txt file in the zip with the challenges on it.

Blackstripe

Jul 29, 2019
Just a note. This map is SUPPOSED to be easier. I made it in part to play with some friends who are new to the modded MC experience, and this Map allows you to pretty well progress at an easy, fairly even pace. You always have a Safe, Protected point to return to, Plenty of space to erect whatever contraptions you'll need, and it guides you towards the Mystcraft side of the mod. I've found that many LPers and Youtubers frequently ignore the Mystcraft part of the game.

Blackstripe

Jul 29, 2019
This sounds interesting. I'll try it and return with juicy feedback. also, It would be convienient to include a .txt file in the zip with the challenges on it.

I'm actually working on a NEW map, similar themed, and there's going to be a Challenge Board in the game with signs of the Challenges on them.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
okay, one suggestion is to make a few pre-written worlds, and it's also pretty cool that this map can even be played with only mystcraft, or with any of the FTB packs, really. one thing I would suggest, though, is making the superflat option make the entire world made of red rock. The material is a great building block, but has no other uses. sandstone can be macerated into sand, which could be very useful. red rock is a very useful building material that can make redrock walls, red bricks, and really nice looking structures. I'll get a screenie of a world made of the stuff asap.

Blackstripe

Jul 29, 2019
okay, one suggestion is to make a few pre-written worlds, and it's also pretty cool that this map can even be played with only mystcraft, or with any of the FTB packs, really. one thing I would suggest, though, is making the superflat option make the entire world made of red rock. The material is a great building block, but has no other uses. sandstone can be macerated into sand, which could be very useful. red rock is a very useful building material that can make redrock walls, red bricks, and really nice looking structures. I'll get a screenie of a world made of the stuff asap.

No, part of the map's "challenge" is getting people to think of how to get started.

During one "test play", I spent a good few hours just trading with the Villagers, getting emeralds with chicken and wheat, and buying stuff from them. On another, I went straight into the Mystworlds.

And I used the Sandstone for a reason, it's a material that the Villager homes can be made from, and it works well. Also, That map wasn't made using an editor, just me in creative mode.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
yeah, the red rock kind of ruins the story of the map. also, setting it to mountain ridge spawns tons of little cactus plant things, and it doesn't really look quite as desolate. I know it was made in creative, but nothing I said would require any sort of third-party editor, just cpnfiguration of the superflat preset. I wanted to suggest putting the map in a mystcraft age, but that wouldn't work out because all the ores would still be in the ground.[DOUBLEPOST=1356661484][/DOUBLEPOST]one thing I don't like is that file host. web of trust doesn't trust it. I downloaded from that anyways, but just to let you know, web of trust users have listed it as a malware distributor. http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/freefilehosting.net?utm_source=addon&utm_content=warn-viewsc

Reactions: tatsu011

Blackstripe

Jul 29, 2019
yeah, the red rock kind of ruins the story of the map. also, setting it to mountain ridge spawns tons of little cactus plant things, and it doesn't really look quite as desolate. I know it was made in creative, but nothing I said would require any sort of third-party editor, just cpnfiguration of the superflat preset. I wanted to suggest putting the map in a mystcraft age, but that wouldn't work out because all the ores would still be in the ground.[DOUBLEPOST=1356661484][/DOUBLEPOST]one thing I don't like is that file host. web of trust doesn't trust it. I downloaded from that anyways, but just to let you know, web of trust users have listed it as a malware distributor. http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/freefilehosting.net?utm_source=addon&utm_content=warn-viewsc

If you can suggest another FREE hosting service, that's easy to manage, I'd gladly switch.

Edit:
I'm also thinking about trying to make a CTM style map using the MineCrack version of the mods.