Surfacing and submerging a base

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Bruigaar

Jul 29, 2019
I did it once with an old technic pack and have been trying to do it again.

So if anyone can think of a way using DW20's 1.6.4 1.0.14 pack please let me know,

Just incase you do not understand the concept. I would like to build a glass domed base resting at water level and make it so that I can lower the base to the ocean floor and then if needed being it back to the surface .
The old way I did it used a fairly complicated pump system with pillars and a base laced with frames and motors from the tekkit world. It took 30 mins to fully raise or lower but time was never a concern.

Well if any of you have ideas please let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: MigukNamja

captproton17

Jul 29, 2019
I don' there anything like that in this pack. But the best you can do is used MFFS, and mimic glass dome. Or hide it inside a mountain, make look like part of a Volcano. Which I might do, once I get lot of power.

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
Well, you might be able to use Drawbridges to rise everything up, but you'd need a drawbridge under every block of your base. Also, the lifting of the blocks would need to be synchronized. But then again, I don't know what happens when a block is raised by a piston type of thing. Water might leak through.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019

So if anyone can think of a way using DW20's 1.6.4 1.0.14 pack please let me know,

Just incase you do not understand the concept. I would like to build a glass domed base resting at water level and make it so that I can lower the base to the ocean floor and then if needed being it back to the surface .
The old way I did it used a fairly complicated pump system with pillars and a base laced with frames and motors from the tekkit world. It took 30 mins to fully raise or lower but time was never a concern.

Blood magic Teleposers...Oh wait don't have those in DW20. I need to make that suggestion

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Yes, qCraft is.

I love that one suggestion is to leave the base in place, but move the terrain.

Is this on a server? If it's not, then changing your Buildcraft configs so the pump will eat water can let you drain a lake to expose the base, and then use floodgates to hide it again.

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, qCraft is.

I love that one suggestion is to leave the base in place, but move the terrain.

Is this on a server? If it's not, then changing your Buildcraft configs so the pump will eat water can let you drain a lake to expose the base, and then use floodgates to hide it again.
Hm...but wouldn't it leave massive crater that was once an ocean with a base at the bottom? I think he wants to make the base rise to the top of the ocean.

Protocurity

Jul 29, 2019
You know, there is a mod out there that replicates redstone frames and then some. It is called Redstone in Motion. Though I'm surprised it isn't already in the pack...

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
MFFS has a block which also replicates frame motions at the cost of power, as a plus you don't have to have frames attached to everything, but at the same time, it doesn't work with all mod blocks either..

The classless

Jul 29, 2019

blood magic look at ako the build on youtube to learn how to do I forget something about telaposers

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Redstone in Motion's maker doesn't want to be in the FTB packs. Should work if manually installed.

MFFS seems to be the best available option.

dwappo

Jul 29, 2019
With the options of Blood Magic and q-craft, don't they not work with certain mod blocks?

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Whatever method you use, you'd have to verify the mod blocks you want to use are not only movable, but won't have hiccups when connected to another block that is also being moved.

Morberis

Jul 29, 2019
Rotarycraft from what I hear doesn't move well, so if you try to move its blocks make a backup save just in case.

Bruigaar

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so how about this. Still using Dw20's 1.6.4.
How would I part a 3x3 or 5x5 column in the water all the way down to my base so that it can fill back in and be parted again on command?