Super Low Lag Blaze Powder Farm

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
Additional Pictures and Explanation Here

There might be different or better ways of doing this with magic crops (a mod I have never fooled with) but I've been having fun learning about Rotarycraft lately and noticed that it is possible with it and IC2 to generate a net gain in blaze powder while compressing/grinding blaze rods. Sprinkle in some SFM for item movement and you have a tiny self-powered machine which generates a blaze powder every 20 seconds and is 50% as processor intense as a single blaze entity and runs regardless of player location.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I'd almost say you could start a series with these super log lag builds :p
Indeed, if you feel you want to continue doing threads like this, I think you should make a collected "guide" thread. The small one build threads tend to quickly fall over the "first page edge".

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
maybe use a fuel generater of IC2 to burn the blaze powder for power and you don't even need to have sight of the sky

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
If there was enough power production from it perhaps but I wanted the excess so I can get blaze powder and blaze rods without lagging my server down handling entities. I'm also getting ender pearls w/o endermen and wool/string w/o sheep now as well. I've also switched from steak (my old standby) to berry medley since it gives nearly the saturation of steak w/o needing entities as well. I can't stand eating bread every 14 seconds and baked potatoes aren't that great either compared to berry medley. I know for some things I will still need to spawn entities but I'm having fun shifting as much of my raw material production as I can to entity-free pathways.

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
I do not understand the appeal of "farms" that are basically just taking advantage of exploits.

In other news, I thought of a new idea for an everything farm! A block that just spawns items in chests! :p

That block seriously was added to SFM. The creative supplier.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
That block seriously was added to SFM. The creative supplier.
Emphasis on creative.

Point is, people would - rightfully - condemn a block that just sat there spawning resources, yet many of those same people will not hesitate to exploit every feedback loop and dupe glitch they can find, even as an equal or larger number demand a fix.

Reactions: abculatter_2

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
Eh some people take games too seriously. As long as I have fun the game is successful. I don't think anyone should condemn the way anyone else plays modded Minecraft.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Eh some people take games too seriously. As long as I have fun the game is successful. I don't think anyone should condemn the way anyone else plays modded Minecraft.
Yes, you can play however you like, but every time someone uses a method like this, two things happen. One, lazy people start whining that all farming/playing should be like this. Two, the balance police start demanding "NERF GRINDER NAO".

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
Lovely farm.
Or you could just "simply" grow some high stat blazereed (IC²-GT crops) and enjoy the same result for even less lag.

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
I really wish DW20 would add GT to his packs; I love the GT end game. Regarding the balance police that to me is a little silly and they should find better things to do. All resources are infinite in modded MC except perhaps the dragon egg. Even GT allows for infinite resources and early game a single torch is two diamond blocks and a nether star! For a lot of us the fun is how interesting a Rube Goldberg device we can build with all these great blocks and mechanics. If someone wants to call this OP that is their right but OP implies some sort of competition that I am somehow cheating.

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, you can play however you like, but every time someone uses a method like this, two things happen. One, lazy people start whining that all farming/playing should be like this. Two, the balance police start demanding "NERF GRINDER NAO".

And I would say you gave us a cool mod which is fun that we didn't pay for and you don't owe anyone anything. But I get that there some folks who feel it is their right to make others play the game the way they think is right. I just don't happen to recognize their right to impose their ideas on me.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
And I would say you gave us a cool mod which is fun that we didn't pay for and you don't owe anyone anything. But I get that there some folks who feel it is their right to make others play the game the way they think is right. I just don't happen to recognize their right to impose their ideas on me.
Impose ideas, no. But surely you can see why it exasperates me. In fact, since posting this, I have already received a user complaining. >_<

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
Impose ideas, no. But surely you can see why it exasperates me. In fact, since posting this, I have already received a user complaining. >_<
People will always complain. I have only had the pleasure of dipping my toes into the mods you make. And I personally think you did extremely well. Eventually I will finish playing till end game with them but its your mod I think you should make it the way you see fit and people don't like it they can go learn to mod and make there own op mod that people will complain about. Lol

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019

I can absolutely see why that would exasperate you. Sorry to have pointed out an "OP exploit" that some folks will ride you about. I would still maintain that it is no more OP than mining...the have infinite diamonds down there! But for me, thanks for the mod and the blaze powder profit by pairing your mod with another. If we were to ask our mod authors to comb every other mod for exploits we would never have a single mod and vanilla sucks it.