Strange white lines [GRAPHICS PROBLEM]

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Lionspridde

Jul 29, 2019
There are these weird white lines that appear. Changing video settings doesn't seem to help. Could it be a problem with my graphics card? I am posting pictures. My sound is also not working. It's on, but I can't hear it at all.
2013-03-24_12.57.57.png
2013-03-24_12.59.11.png

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Could you get a better picture mayhaps? I just don't see nothing. Where is the line supposed to be on the first picture? I see a tiny little gray line mostly hidden by the menu on the second one but....

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Could you get a better picture mayhaps? I just don't see nothing. Where is the line supposed to be on the first picture? I see a tiny little gray line mostly hidden by the menu on the second one but....

Look at the Tall Grass. In full size, of course, it's barely noticeable in the standard resolution.

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
I've gotta say, I don't see any white lines at all. I think it is either your graphics card, or it may be the screen itself.

Lionspridde

Jul 29, 2019
Is optifine compatible with FTB Ultimate? I am also running a FTB Ultimate server at the same time for a couple of friends.

Lionspridde

Jul 29, 2019
I"ll try to install Optifine then. It appears anywhere. The water is also messed up. It has a sort-of black wave effect running down the ocean. I'll get screenshots.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
No, no, guys, Whovian is right the lines are there when you look at the max size picture. Very subtle, but It must be extremely aggravating if they flicker on your screen constantly while playing.

But absolutely baffled about what might be causing it, looks a little bit like an openGL problem. Anything could be the cause, your card, your drivers, overheating card.

Try with optifine for a start. If you have that, try removing it. Come back with the results.

Lionspridde

Jul 29, 2019
I built the computer on Friday. My drivers are updated and my computer seems fine. Every other game works. I'm not sure. My sound isn't working either. Should I test vanilla minecraft and see if it does the same thing? Installing optifine right now.[DOUBLEPOST=1364145797][/DOUBLEPOST]Optifine broke my FTB. I installed the 1.4.7 version and I get a black screen and some severe issues in the console. Can anybody link me to a good version that works?

Jeff Fisher

Jul 29, 2019
If you have optifine installed I had the same problem with optifine. I actually forget what I did now lol but I fixed it messing around with the settings. I think you might want to see if theres a difference with Opengl settings on or off and Mess with you MipMap settings.. Im pretty sure those are the two things I changed. My OpenGl is on fancy and my Mipmap level is 2 and MipMap type is nearest. Also I have AF and Antialiasing off.

I also have some issues once In a while where my minecraft sound just doesnt work even tho its on. Closing the game and restarting it usually fixes it tho

Lionspridde

Jul 29, 2019
I'm messing with my opengl settings and antialiasing. Hopefully it will work. I'll post back in a couple of minutes.[DOUBLEPOST=1364146853][/DOUBLEPOST]My antialiasing settings were presetting it to 4x. I turned it to "use application settings" and the problem is solved. Sound is working, and everything looks amazing. Thank you for the feedback.

budge

Jul 29, 2019
If you have an nVidia card and still want anti-aliasing without the glitches, enable FXAA in the control panel. It looks almost as good as 4x (better in some spots too), doesn't glitch, and is faster.

Slidingmike

Jul 29, 2019
If I'm not mistaken, Etho and BTC talked about this in a recent video. It's supposedly a bug within vanilla Minecraft and Mojang is working on it.