Strange villager trades

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
What is the weirdest trade you've seen a villager offer you?

What is the best you ever saw?

For myself, strangest was a Thaumcraft villager offering an emerald for a chicken nugget delivery. :eek:

Best so far, Silk Touch I enchanted book. :D

MavericK96

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, the Thaumcraft guy likes the nugget trades.

I don't know about "weird" trades, but the worst ones are where they want emerald(s) for like, one coal or some menial crap like that.

Best trade I have gotten so far is probably either the knowledge fragments for an emerald, and then an emerald for quicksilver from the same guy. By alternating trades you can renew them and get a ton of stuff all from the same guy. I also have a bee villager giving 6 proven frames for an emerald (not sure if that's good or not, but I've gotten a lot from him). He was also requesting a princess for an emerald, which is a pretty bad trade IMO given that princesses are limited.

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
Twice I've gotten a guy who wanted an emerald and a piece of gravel for a piece of flint. WTF, man.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
weird no.

Silly hell yes.

Yeah Ive seen the emerald for something stupid way to many times. Emerald for 1 Coal being the worst of those.

What I see a lot that makes me go what. Is the really really easy trades. Like Logs or Wheat for emeralds its like they can't walk 5 feet and get it themselves. Sure ok Villager man I'll do your day labor for them sweat sweat Emeralds.. Oh you want planks? Well sure let me take them right out of your house right here while you watch.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I've seen a villager selling an iron hoe for 5 emeralds.
Best was a villager enchanting a diamond axe with 2 sweet enchants (forget which ones exactly) if you gave him a normal axe and an emerald. Couldn't refuse that! Massive save on XP for a fast, nearly indestructible axe