Steve's Carts - Automating the Hydrator?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

zuiko

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone successfully automate the hydrator on Steve's Carts so it fills with water? I can put water buckets in the cargo manager and set them to go to the hydrator, but it takes a bucket, empties it, then carries around the empty bucket forever, filling the slot and preventing it from taking another bucket. I have the manager set to one inventory, storage from cart, bonemeal to cart, engine to cart, buckets to cart.

I even tried switching to all from cart (which is not ideal)... where it puts the coal, bucket, everything in its inventory back into the cargo manager... then takes stuff back out when it processes the bonemeal/engine/bucket rules... but I found it took the empty bucket back out anyway. It doesn't seem to distinguish between empties and full buckets.

The only thing I can think of is to use cells (assuming they work) since they go away after being used, but that is kind of a waste of tin. I'm thinking it probably makes the most sense to just hydrate normally and skip using that cart module at all, but it would be cool to get it working.

Dmyster

Jul 29, 2019
Yes a liquid manager is able to refill the hydrator. You just use a aa to fill it up and set it up just like a cargo manager !

Reactions: casilleroatr

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
@Dmyster, What is an "AA" and what mod is it from?
Aqueous Accumulator and Thermal expanfoundynamicultivation or whatever the fuck they're callin' it this week.
Basically an automatic source of water, Extra Utilities Liquid transfer node with a mining upgrade does the same, there is also the reservoir from Ender I/O and probably a couple others I've forgotten

SerinaLMMPT001

Sep 7, 2021
Got a steve's cart that will NOT accept fluid into its open tank, even the liquid manager does not put fluid in it. Edit: can't place fluids in it at all except for by bucket. Even replacing the cart didn't help.

Last edited: