Steve's Cart--cart keeps on disappearing!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

gusmahler

Jul 29, 2019
I have a 16x16 Steve's Carts tree farm that power my base via 4 boilers (3 biofuel and 1 solid fuel--I can add a second solid fuel, just haven't yet).

It's much better than a multifarm because you don't have to keep stocking it with anything--it self replenishes.

Except for one thing--the cart. I've now lost 3 carts over about a 4 week period. I have no idea why they disappear or where they go. I'm on a server, but it's a non-griefing server and I'm pretty sure no one is taking it.

So where are my carts going?

Luckily this time I had a spare and just popped it into the farm--and I noticed it fairly fast. Last time, my solid fuel boiler was in the process of cooling down by the time I discovered that the cart was gone.

Can anyone help?

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm. You must've been the unlucky 1000th downloader of Steve's Carts. You see, Vswe stated that the 1000th person to download the mod would get a copy which has slightly ... paranormal features. He gave no further elaboration other than saying some sort of slender man was out to get him and he was depositing his soul into a copy of the mod to preserve it.

Sarcasm aside, I rarely (that is, never) use Steve's Carts. It's possible someone's been stealing it anyways, or maybe some sort of problem with chunk boundaries.

Biidi

Jul 29, 2019
Is your tree farm outside with an open view to the sky? If so that might be the problem. I had this same issue a while back, but after putting a roof over the whole area my carts stopped vanishing. I'm thinking it was lightning strikes.

ThemsAllTook

Jul 29, 2019
I had a cart seemingly disappear on me, but relogging made it come back. I'd assume that's not the same thing that happened to you, since you'd end up with two carts after placing a new one?

ArcticDreamz

Jul 29, 2019
I also had carts disappearing , that is when the chunks are not loaded and you come back , they just fall through the floor into the void .
PS: Never try to make 4 reinforced tree cutter carts , would be a huge loss

gusmahler

Jul 29, 2019
Is your tree farm outside with an open view to the sky? If so that might be the problem. I had this same issue a while back, but after putting a roof over the whole area my carts stopped vanishing. I'm thinking it was lightning strikes.
I suppose it could be lightning.
I had a cart seemingly disappear on me, but relogging made it come back. I'd assume that's not the same thing that happened to you, since you'd end up with two carts after placing a new one?
Once, it came back to me and I had two carts on the track. The other two times, they were just gone.

Serendipiteit

Jul 29, 2019
Mine disappeared a couple times when it was out in the open. I haven't had this problem since I relocated my cart farm underground.