Status updates for private mod pack owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
I will be using this thread to post status updates for private mod packs. If you have a problem with your pack, check here before messaging me about it.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
If your pack is getting this error,
Can't get input stream from URL!: javax.imageio.IIOException: Can't get input stream from URL!
your pack is downloading, but launching vanilla, or I have not replied to your conversation saying your pack is up. I'm still working on it. I hope to get everything fixed today, but I might not get to all of them till tomorrow.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
The fixed packs are in the process of being uploaded. They should be up in the next day or so.

Reactions: bearbear12345

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Unfortunately it looks like the fixes won't go up till Thursday. Nothing I can do.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Once again we are having problems. If your pack is still not working, it is on my list to fix.

Also, please submit updates before Thursday, rather than on Thursday. I have updated the guidelines to reflect this.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
We revamped the process I use to get stuff uploaded to the repo, so hopefully it will be much smoother for future updates.(not completely sure, as we haven't actually used it yet)

Apologies again for the people whose packs still aren't working, I'm hoping to get most of them fixed tomorrow.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Still getting delays, but when this change does go through it should be mostly automated, so I don't have to get other people to do all the uploads for me.

No ETA, we are waiting on one person and he is rather busy, but it should be fixed soon.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Once again, we are still waiting on this one change. Some of last weeks uploads went up, but no luck so far on this weeks.

And again, once this change goes through, things should be a lot smoother, but there's nothing I can do till it does.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
So close and yet so far. The files are on the repo, but need to be copied from one folder to another. This should only take a few minutes once I can get someone who has repo access to do it.

Updates should go up anytime from an hour from now to sometime tomorrow. Fortunately this is now all I need someone else to do when I have uploads. So I'm hoping to get my huge backlog of updates up this time and then I'll be able to keep up with the normal Thursday updates this week.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Once again it didn't happen. Every day I've bothered a bunch of different people to do stuff and it never seems to get done.
First, the problem was that one person needed to change something, but he was away. He finally got back and did that, just Sunday. But then the only person who could copy the files logged off for the day. Then he came back the next day, but we hadn't realized he was the only person who could copy it, so by the time the other 2 people around tried and couldn't, he had logged off again. And we come full circle, and the updates still aren't up.
I really feel like I'm leading you on, every day I say they should be up, and they aren't. But I'm really trying my best.
So, not much else I can say, I'll keep on trying, things should go back to normal any day now.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
About two thirds of the packs are updated. I'm still working on the others. If I have not contacted you, yours is one of the ones I'm working on.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
I had a long chat with slow and finally got more access to the repo. I can now push updates without having to bother other people about it.

Unfortunately, this is the last week in my semester and I have fallen behind on some of my homework. I have been ignoring my messages and such and will continue to do so until Wednesday after the last project is due, for better or worse.
But this is the change I was hoping for, so once I have time everything should be smooth again.

If there is something urgent(not including broken packs, I really just don't have time till Wednesday) you can contact me on IRC.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Got some stuff done a bit early and had an open evening. So I caught up on my messages and fixed almost all the broken packs. There are still 2 packs not working, but I need to talk to someone about those. Should hopefully be fixed tomorrow.

Reactions: SunVenus

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Due to mojang derpiness, 1.5.2 packs do not work on the launcher. Hopefully it should get fixed soon.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Packs are updated. I don't have time to check them all tonight, I'll do so tomorrow.
We are currently having a bug where the pack file downloads, but it does not extract properly. So it either launches the old version of the pack, or vanilla if you didn't have an old version. It seems to sort itself out after half a day or so. We are trying to pin down the cause of it. If it happens to you, just wait a day and try again.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Had a busy day and didn't quite have time to finish all the updates and new packs. I will get the remaining ones up tomorrow, err, later today.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Got all the pack updates up, but as soon as I got the new packs ready, the ftp server on the repo went down, so I can't get them up till that comes back up.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
I got the new packs up a few days ago, but the system that puts up an MD5 hash to validate the download does not seem to be working, so the launcher doesn't launch the pack. On a related note, that is the reason packs sometime download, but then launch vanilla. We are working on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.