Status Update?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Bob_Sack

Jul 29, 2019
So the FTB progress chart has been at 100% for a full day and I haven't seen anyone ask what the current status of the pack is yet. I'm curious to know what stage it's at right now; is it currently being worked on and I just need to shut up, or are there still problems with certain mods like I heard mystcraft was having?

Awesome job with the pack(s) guys, really excited to get playing the full thing again.

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I would say that it is currently being worked on and you just need to shut-up. The current stage is bug testing. Which means that there may will be problems with mods such as Mystcraft.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Slowpoke said on his stream the other day they're going to extensively beta test ultimate before release. Considering the mods are just now complete (unless there's a couple going to be added that aren't on the list...Reliquary, looking at you :p), and some people may still be busy with holiday things, I'd expect a few days more yet. On the other hand, given all they've learned from the last few releases, I would also expect a pretty clean launch when it happens.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
I hate to say this but unless something is done to fathom out the lag issues, putting all the mods into one pack is not going to work and will just die horribly in a server environment.

Reading the other posts, watching the videos, putting 2 and 2 together, it seems there are multiple issues with world gen/chunk drawing. Some of the trees in XL Biomes (redwoods and the other tall trees) cause chunk drawing/FPS issues and have done since beta A, but you add all the other mods in and the redwood problem is multiplied. Go into the water and there's an issue there with what seem to be air pockets deep down under the water, these appear to be single blocks of air but have found some 2x2x2, I'm not sure what causes these but have experienced them in Tekkit so it's nothing new, just again more mods, more things to draw seem to make the problem worse.

Then there's the ores, holy mother of god how many ores do we need before there's no cobble left and to what purpose do half of these ores serve? It would appear a good lot of them are just not used or used by xycraft for decorative purposes. Did anyone stop to think that putting less commonly used ores like Xycraft in the Nether would be a good idea? This would relieve some pressure on the OW and again on the chunk drawing.

Ultimate is about to become the ultimate flop unless care is taken.

Anyway not wishing to start another Gregtech argument going but Ultimate pack will always be Semi-Ultimate IN MY EYES without Gregtech :p bunch of wimps :D

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
Then there's the ores, holy mother of god how many ores do we need before there's no cobble left and to what purpose do half of these ores serve? It would appear a good lot of them are just not used or used by xycraft for decorative purposes. Did anyone stop to think that putting less commonly used ores like Xycraft in the Nether would be a good idea? This would relieve some pressure on the OW and again on the chunk drawing.
There are not that many ores you know. And XyCraft is Soaryn's mod, FTB is not going to change it. The reason why you have those ores, which are currently useless, is so that when XyCraft does get some proper functionality you can easily use it.