Starcraft Two WOL and HOTS

Outlander_bob

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if there is any Starcraft 2 players here but what do you think about it and the new expansion pack Heart of the swarm. Who do you think got the short end of the stick?

IBurn36360

Jul 29, 2019
To be honest, Heart of the Swarm is exactly what I expected it to be. If you take a look back at what Brood War was, it only added a couple of units to each race, a few maps, and a little bit of bug fixing here or there. On a mechanics standpoint, Heart of the Swarm is VERY different. mainline strats tend to be heavily modified, terran for example, is now more likely to start mech with far more than 4-8 hellions off of the start (mainly due to the innate strength of Battle Hellions). When it comes to changing what options are available, you do not need o change large portions of the game.

Another example of this idea being VERY effective would be in Sins of a Solar Empire, and the Expandalone Rebellion. On a core gameplay standpoint, Sins of a Solar Empire is almost exactly the same as the base game with expansions. In fact, there is only really a few minor differences in the gameplay itself, namely the addition of the titan class of ship. The addition of some support ships and some allegence-specific researches also have some impact, but are generally overlooked. My point is, although there are very minor differences, the game feels very new and very different. I am now not likely to rush a starbase as a defense, instead I am now likely to rush everything for a titan, despite me being defenseless in the process.

I think that HOTS will be a good change for the game and the current meta that it is played in.

- Anthony 'IBurn36360' Diaz