Solved Spawn Point Moving Question

leba

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys, [SOLVED]
I am a new private server owner and would like some help please. So i have the perfect seed that I like so have put the seed number in the server properties, that i understand how to do. the problem is that i have is how do you set the spawn point? The default is in a stupid place.

There is the ability in the help menu to set spawn but I would like to set a spawn point for people yet to join the server or not currently on the server. Is this possible?

my idea is to set it to a tiny boat just off the coast of the island were playing on.

I am using the NEW 1.4.6 Mindcrack pack
level-seed=-1790047059040723039 (nice medium survival island)

Miamore

Jul 29, 2019
No, you have to get another mod with additional commands. I'll see if I can find one for you.

The default commands can only set spawn for individual players.

Reactions: leba

leba

Jul 29, 2019
Hi Guys thanks for your Advice I have found I can do it with MCedit and it don't corrupt a FTB world.

Reactions: Miamore

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Fihgu's forge commands has a /setspawn which moves the spawn point, not sure if it's updated for 1.4.6 though.

Bevo

Jul 29, 2019
Fihgu's forge commands has a /setspawn which moves the spawn point, not sure if it's updated for 1.4.6 though.
I am curious if you happen to know if this can be done without implementing the other parts of that mod? Such that you can set the spawn but not enable any of the other commands?

Micmager

Jul 29, 2019
just use command blocks, I had to set spawn off of the side of a redrock mountains o that people didn't die after loading in.just make sure you set the region to nearest and not all or you'll constantly reset everyone's spawn point regardless of beds.

Reactions: leba