Spawn into a mystcraft age by default?

zXTechnoWolf

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way (on a server) to set it so that new players spawn in a mystcraft age meant for a spawn, then can go through a portal to the overworld?

Dex Luther

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if it's a basic command or a bukkit/single player commands/world edit type command, but I think there might be a command to set a spawn point. Something like /setspawn.

Belone

Jul 29, 2019
/setspawn isn't a vanilla command unfortunately. I think ForgeEssentials mod may add this, but this mod is very much a work in progress. I'd either use a portal as suggested above. It may be possible (and I haven't tried this so not sure) to have a command block on a timer that does the /tpx command to teleport nearby players to your spawning age.

Diago Fox

Jul 29, 2019
/setspawn works with fihgu's mods. You will need to install his core mod into the server jar, and the teleport mod into the /mods folder. After that, /setspawn works. As far as making a mystcraft world as default, I will let you know.

Vaupell

Jul 29, 2019
you could set up a portal right below the spawn that instantly drops them into the new age

Thats the way to do it ;)
Just make it HUGE!, so people cant place blocks during the fall, incase someone do /tpx 0

Diago Fox

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I've tried /setspawn and it won't work for this. On top of that, if you do a /spawn, it will take you to the main world again.

zXTechnoWolf

Jul 29, 2019
I read that XCompWiz is making more server config options, I think we should see if there are any plans to make something like this readily available.