Sound Designer Looking for some direction

DrCheph

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, FTB community,

I'm Dr Cheph and am a sound designer by profession, I want to make a mod for Minecraft that lets you make microphones and speakers and a whole host of other audio equipment that you can use and go gather sound and or make songs/beats in minecraft.

Anyway I'm a pretty novice programer and while I was introducing myself I thought I would ask if anybody knew a good place to start? I can do Python, Pure Data, some C-Sound and Java but have no idea how to integrate any scripts I make with Minecraft?

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, FTB community,

I'm Dr Cheph and am a sound designer by profession, I want to make a mod for Minecraft that lets you make microphones and speakers and a whole host of other audio equipment that you can use and go gather sound and or make songs/beats in minecraft.

Anyway I'm a pretty novice programer and while I was introducing myself I thought I would ask if anybody knew a good place to start? I can do Python, Pure Data, some C-Sound and Java but have no idea how to integrate any scripts I make with Minecraft?
Actually, I've been considering a kind of "theatre mod" for Minecraft. I'd only thought of lighting stuff (things like spotlights, parcans etc.), but those could easily go together. Want to collaborate a bit more in private messages? If you send me a message about it, I'll assume your answer's yes :p

The main problem I see with microphones, speakers and sound amplification in general is that there is actually no way to put your voice into Minecraft. We'd have to build in microphone support, which will probably be hard. Always up for a challenge though!

mathjazz

Jul 29, 2019
Welcome to FTB. Great idea for a mod, and it would be really cool if you and AgentTadpole got together to combine your mod ideas. Happy Minecrafting!

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
His profile says he hasn't been on in a week, so I'm holding out hope that he'll reply with yes when he comes back online. I really want to make this, it would be awesome :D