Soul Shards Reborn, for all the lovers of SS1 for 1.6.4

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Have a look at Soul Shards reborn by moze_intel!
Mod Website

been out for quite a while now.
though if I remember correctly I think I heard direwolf saying in one of his videos that shadwdrgn is planning on doing a new update for soul shards 2, which should make it more interesting to use again
then again... shadwdrgn has said things like that before, and well...

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
Yes that is correct Yusunoha, he has updated it to be a little better, requiring a nether star to upgrade the spawner.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Yes that is correct Yusunoha, he has updated it to be a little better, requiring a nether star to upgrade the spawner.
So you still need to break 4 spawners to even get going with SS2? That's still an issue for server play because you force massive world generation looking for spawners. You're better off with cursed earth, MFR spawners, SS1 Reborn, or Forbidden Magic's system.

Reactions: PierceSG

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
So you still need to break 4 spawners to even get going with SS2? That's still an issue for server play because you force massive world generation looking for spawners. You're better off with cursed earth, MFR spawners, SS1 Reborn, or Forbidden Magic's system.
I agree having SS2 on a server is very hard, my server's nether is empty of blaze spawners because of it!

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I'm going to guess it's a sort of "encourage the server to work together" sort of deal. So of course it becomes a "cause massive infighting over insanely limited nonrenewable resources" sort of deal.

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
Replacement mod: kill mob on sacrifice block, it becomes tormented soul block. Tormented soul block will output similar items of sacrificed mob as "pain" is applied to it. Drowning is T1 and gives very low amount of drops/sec. Fire T2, Power enough to make hoverboards work on water T3, Power enough to send a fluffy dog and a weapons grade plutonium theif back in time T4. Maybe a beacon light added underneith for T5?

Kinda tired of managing mob grinders, but to each their own.

Reactions: YX33A