Sort Fix by LexManos, fluids all bonkers (SOLVED)

cladiniron

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm having the issue that all my fluids are mixed up on my server. Did a bit of googling and apparently there's this mod by LexManos called Sort Fix which should make sure that the fluids are properly sorted between the client and the server. I noticed I do have this mod installed and enabled on the top of my mods list. It however does nothing. I'm running DW20 for 1.6.

Any idea what I could try to fix it, or other workarounds to get this working? I didn't mind it at first, since it was merely an annoyance as NEI kept showing wrong liquids for crafting recipes, but now that I'm trying to filter fluids in my pipes, clicking the pipe with the fluid I want filtered places the wrong fluid in the filter. I don't have to tell you what a pain in the butt it is to go through all the fluids in the game by clicking them on the pipe so you find the one you're looking for.

Any help at all is appreciated.

Last edited:

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Rename all the mod filenames to be lower case, that'll fix the loading errors on linux based hosts, since linux is case sensitive and windows is not. I had SortFix, and it did nothing. Renaming the files worked for me.

cladiniron

Jul 29, 2019
I think you mean SortFix, by LexManos?
Well,
Sortfix description:
Sort Fix is a small mod written by LexManos to make sure the Forge mods are loaded in the proper order, otherwise resulting in errors.

Derp, that's the one. I don't know how my brain turned it to fix it.

Rename all the mod filenames to be lower case, that'll fix the loading errors on linux based hosts, since linux is case sensitive and windows is not. I had SortFix, and it did nothing. Renaming the files worked for me.

Tried that just now. Renamed every jar in my mods folder AND 1.6.4 subfolder under mods. Did nothing. Also tried changing client side jars to lowercase. Still nothing. Restarted server and client in between of course. One thing I noticed, while I changed the jars to lowercase and they were truly lowercase when I checked through the launcher-> edit modpack (just so I know I had the right directory), the launcher log still references to the mods in uppercase, so I don't know where that's coming from.

This may or may not be related to sort fix, but going through the launch log, only references I could find to sort fix were:

2014-07-30 13:42:05 [INFO] [ForgeModLoader] Sort Fixer: Processing class
2014-07-30 13:42:05 [INFO] [ForgeModLoader] Method Located:
2014-07-30 13:42:05 [INFO] [ForgeModLoader] Searching C:\Program Files (x86)\Feed The Beast\Unleashed SSP\Direwolf20_1_6_4\minecraft\mods for mods
2014-07-30 13:42:05 [INFO] [STDOUT] =======================Sorter Transformer Running===================
2014-07-30 13:42:05 [INFO] [ForgeModLoader] Sort Fixer: Processing class
2014-07-30 13:42:05 [INFO] [ForgeModLoader] Also searching C:\Program Files (x86)\Feed The Beast\Unleashed SSP\Direwolf20_1_6_4\minecraft\mods\1.6.4 for mods
2014-07-30 13:42:08 [WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] Zip file sqlite-jdbc-3.7.15-M1.jar failed to read properly, it will be ignored
java.util.zip.ZipException: zip file is empty
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.discovery.JarDiscoverer.discover(JarDiscoverer.java:41)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.discovery.ContainerType.findMods(ContainerType.java:42)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.discovery.ModCandidate.explore(ModCandidate.java:71)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.discovery.ModDiscoverer.identifyMods(ModDiscoverer.java:137)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.identifyMods(Loader.java:353)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:484)
at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:183)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:473)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:808)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:101)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:131)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27)

I don't even know whether the exception relates to the previous or not. Just thought to add it here just in case. Anyway, any ideas how I should go about getting my liquids sorted properly?

Last edited:

cladiniron

Jul 29, 2019
update:

Still having the problem, and nothing seems to fix it no matter what I do.

For those googling out the same problem and ending up here, here are some solutions that have reportedly worked for some people:

1. Sort fix by LexManos is the usual fix for it, apparently, but this mod ships with most public modpacks already.
2. Lowercase all of your mod jar files on your server and client.
3. Make sure you are running the same version of java both on your client and the server. If the server is running 64 bit 7.0.650.20 java, so should you.
4. Or it could be something as simple as copying the server configs folder and replacing your client config folder.

cladiniron

Jul 29, 2019
UPDATE:

Managed to fix it, and I'm a bit humiliated because of the cause. After all I tried, it was a mismatch of mods run by the client and the server. I simply disabled couple mods the server wasn't running off my ftb client, and it sorted itself out.

Reactions: Golrith