Sonofthelions marry trip in Horizons

sonofthelion

Jul 29, 2019
Good Day all

After playing around with the Horizons packs some I thought I start a new world and share my trip as I explore the pack fully and see what kind of trouble I can get myself into.

I have all the mods enabled in the horizons pack (well not all I am only using 1 map mod lol) and am using Biomes O Plenty for my seed generation. I did tweak the ore generation a little but not that much.

kHsXPFn.png

Hear I am Just as I spawn in into a border of Fungi Forest regular forests. I do have a liking to magic mods so of course I found a Mage outfit to wear. So let use begin the trip of wonder

After getting a small hole in the wall made and some basic mining done I head out to find the start of my first mod I am going to work with and clay I need me some clay
2Q0z3A9.png

I never have any luck finding essences pools when I need them I ended up spending 3 in game days finding this one. I am sure I start to trip all over essences pools now that I found 1

8scHsRr.png

I so enjoy the effect of the book changing before your eyes

So after I return from my trip I start to get my home set up.
DbSifUx.png

My cows and chicken and a pech that so want an up close look at the chickens and is now trapped

wHhZYMc.png

My food farm I did have some essence plants growing just a few minutes before I tuck my pictures but I got creepered and lost them :(

HIRouGn.png

The entrance into my hole in the wall

aWsXqOw.png

The inside of my little hole in the wall so very disorganized I have chests and creates everywhere and theirs no organization to whats in any of them

Now with the finding of all the clay I got I was able to make this baby to help cook up my findings from deep down under the ground

UT5JTWu.png

Tinkers another mod I have love just so much

Well I was out looking for my essence pool I ran into to large group of sheep fleeing from a mob of spiders so I what will I do with all that wool and string I got?
EahRsu0.png

I made myself a little air ship to get around when I leave my base. Yes that's some basic iron amour I cant wait till i can get my amour from ars magica 2

Oh that is right almost forgot to show the last thing i got well on my trip to find essence pool I ran across a Jungle Tempe in the middle of a lake and found this inside

LQXqFpo.png

To plant and run or not to plant and run that is the question

That''s all there is so far more to come soon.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
This is great! Don't you dare stop until your have fulfilled your destiny! :)
You've teached me something already, now I know what those trees are called...I can take them for myself....mwuahhha!

ICsMouse

Jul 29, 2019
Very Nice Son, I might have to see why I can't run anything other than unleashed on here...yet.

sonofthelion

Jul 29, 2019
So I been doing some more mining and exploring since my last post so got a small update for you all. I have made one change to the world I have set keep inventory to true so I don't have to go running to get back stuff if I die now.

Lets look down my mine shaft
bTNfEzd.png

nothing to right home about except for the opening on the left hand side

IYqcA5q.png

Its my lets smelt and make lots of stone and stuff like that oh and charcoal to

Now I did not like the smeltery being out in the elements so I decided to make it a little house. I made the building using balsalt brick, mangove planks and clear glass from the smeltery.

TBUVnab.png

The front of the first real building I have

DeJwPjX.png

The far side of the building

UKNncZs.png

The inside looking down

oWBfS00.png

The other side and the stairs up the side of my hole in the mountain think I am going to make my first real home up there.

Now the lovely view from my soon to be built house. I am sorry cant remember which view is north and so on.

yBrh0UC.png

this view is looking from the stairs and the door to my little hole are to my right

Q0czrxR.png

the stairs are on my behind me side along with my door

zewmf8f.png

The satires and the door would be on my left hand side

4wDiMIV.png

Looking down on what I have made so far. There are chickens in the empty fenced off area and the Pech decided to move in with the cows now don't ask me why but he wanted to. I am thinking I am going to name the Pech George and I will pet him and hug him.

Now the first of the cool things I found when I was out on my latest explore trip. I found two great wood trees covered with spider webs right beside each other and hear is what I got from one of them.

rLs0RZK.png

I found me some ender lilly seeds have them planted on fertilized earth. Does anyone know if the buff from sigil of nature's bounty stacks with the buff from fertilized earth. I been able to find enough magical essences to make some dye and red stone seeds.

So that's all I have for today. I hope to get more done and up in a few days.

sonofthelion

Jul 29, 2019
So I have changed my mind on what was going to be on top of the mountain that I cleaned up last update. I have decided to turn the area into the start of my magic area's each I am going to be building my base or bases so to speck each for 1 mode or a set of modes that I feel link together.

So hear is what I cam up with for where my Ars Magica area. I believe I can fly.

lisrarI.png

Looking at the outdoor what will house my light nexus. I think the off set of the black pillars to the white in of the nexus will look good

eZv2dhK.png

Coming around behind the build area we can see the neutral nexus area and the area that will hold the crafting alter.

ZUH2iGT.png

Air shot from the front with seeing the patterns set into the 2 large square areas

PeVXti9.png

And lastly a tight view from the middle towards the back

So after getting this nice open area all set up I went to see what I could use to make my first alter and of course I ended up being 1 short of so many things so I just got a basic one set up

O3Gj2t3.png

Stone and glass nothing fancy but what does a starting mage really need something high end?

qH0eBrH.png

Side view just because I can

QCTvFhD.png

If you show on side you have to show the other its only fare :)

So after getting my alter made I grabbed the goodies for my first spell

uRSZufH.png

I just love the way this mode looks when things are happening.

CNM0a57.png

Woot its my first completed spell. Its just a simple damage spell but we all had to start some where once upon a time

On last thing for this update as I wanted to see how it looked almost built

ApZo7Gr.png

My neutral nexus at night. I do think the colours go together well. Then I am able to make a light spell I think I be planting some lights on top of the pillars. On a side note does anyone know a way in the horizons mode pack to take liquids out of containers and make it free flowing again?

So got a good start on Ars Magica I think from the looks of things. I guess the next thing I need to do is head to the nether for the items I need to make my light nexus and other things from Ars Magic and I hope lots of magical essences so I can make some cool new plants as well

Reactions: PhantomRage

sonofthelion

Jul 29, 2019
So what have I been up to latly that is a good question.

Well I have been out flying around looking for interesting things and I have found a few

Wzii7d0.png

oh its a desert temple on the water

wwGc1vg.png

Random shot as I was out flying

snU9w6P.png

My my my a dungeon cant wait to go into it

So I decided to make me a diamond pick and gone made my nether portal but I did not want to do it.

pLKHUoo.png

So I built my portal on the side of the mountain.

So what did the trip into the nether let me build?

w5Vhi9Q.png

One completed light nexus

BYXIPu6.png

And a neutral nexus with a silver wood tree from a sapling I found some where along my travels

jqrx6Ag.png

Did not find a nether fortress yet but found a chest with enough nether brick to upgrade my crafting alter. As you can also see there are a few more addon's to my ars magica area since the last update.

00A5brR.png

In one of the chests in the nether I found me some end stone for my ender lilies

Been doing a little building not much lately

HowgVrf.png

With all the gallivanting around I have been doing I needed to make me one of these not the finished place for it.

4afWWtu.png

I wonder where this goes you ask, Well you just have to wait to find out.

So that's whats been keeping me busy the last few days. I do have a few more goodies to show off that I am sure you like to see but you just have to wait I am sorry.

Jus2beast

Jul 29, 2019
4afWWtu.png

I wonder where this goes you ask, Well you just have to wait to find out.

[/spoiler]

Just a guess but does it lead to that waypointed dungeon :O where you have a mob farm :p

sonofthelion

Jul 29, 2019
So its been a very rl heavy week so much time to play but did get some stuff done. Lets see what I have been able to do.

jYgXLua.png

Hear we go me in some new threads 3 of the 4 peace of the mage robes are enchanted. Got the xp for the enchantments from running the dungeon I found.

So what did I all get all in that dungeon

The first room you get to see from the hall way from the last update

f0X6Kfq.png

The trophy room and other stuff

WeqZQpM.png

Hear are all the weapons and tools that I found in the chests in it

Nqi9QZc.png

A bunch of armour got some leather chain and diamond

Ur5E3CW.png

I decided to move the enchanting area

We are back in the trophy room.

W06bNz0.png

*hitting the wall in just the right spot and this happens*

NOBMerB.png

And hear now you can see where it is

JuhnP64.png

So I decided to start moving into a new mod so decided to start some mystcraft as I found some pages in the dungeon

So all the items you need to make a mystcraft age

x92H5HI.png

The first age book

XwdWmFP.png

The world that was randomly created is alternating snow and none snow biomes

yhnRy9R.png

and these in the sky

rf5QwRH.png

So random update pics of things I have done beside the dungeon

There was a room in the dungeon that had a wall of emerald blocks so the crafting alter got updated

h0l0xq9.png

So Ars Magica decided to grief me and destroyed my full light nexus :( but let me make this so no more being griefed by the mod

41H6qPr.png

Been working on getting more magical essences for magic plants and been able to make all the tier 1 and 2 plants

sZaS8KA.png

So with the ender travelling staff I had to make some Thermal Expansion items so I can keep it going. I made some tanks for lava to lava engines things a energy cell and the pokaball recharge.

RQNbMvM.png

I did not want to get into tech modes this soon but loot said I had to :(

So this is what I been been able to do more to come as always.

sonofthelion

Jul 29, 2019
I am not dead everyone just rl been really busy for me last few weeks so not much time for minecraft :(. I have been able to build the stuff for an update and it should happen in the next few days

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
After a 1-2 hours in Horizons, I experienced how hard it is without the tech. First day I died many times due to one persistent Ender Boss from Farlanders in by one of those huts.
Don't worry, I took his hut for myself.

@sonofthelion you're are doing a great job considering there is no tech! :D

Reactions: sonofthelion

sonofthelion

Jul 29, 2019
So lets see what I have been up to since I last update. Been busy with all that magic stuff so lets show it all off and maybe what else is in that hallway.

So this is how the hall looked before the last update
S70rYQG.png

and this is what it looks like now

ssdIgYy.png

Now I wonder what we will find as we choose a stair case

Welcome to my thaumcraft lab

pMkLdph.png

Hear we see 2 of my faithful minions that are awaiting my commands (insert loud mad laughter or the Mr. Burns excellent pose and hand jesters)

MFL7W22.png

Now we see all the essences I have lovingly bottled for my own enjoyment.

a18oXds.png

My collection of nodes that I have moved thanks to other mods.

hI9IQHH.png

My new clothing and my magic work area.

G5d3wfK.png

My cauldron the item that lets me create life (insert Frankenstein scene where Doctor is screaming its alive its alive)

Now that you had the tour of my thaumcraft lap lets see what all my creations are up to.

My mana been farm that 2 of minions have been tasked with.

82v9bxt.png

This is what the stairs up lead to. The floors and walls have been made out of essence stone and I like how it turned out. I may change the colors around some and if I do i show you the update.

The minions that can never stop moving as there plants are always need to be harvested.

AS8kJxa.png

I once had extra seed chance turn on so after I got like 6 stacks of essence seeds I turned it off. These guys are always working as the seeds are in fertilized dirt and multiple Ars Magical Sigil's of Growth

I am never going to go hunger again again thanks to these 2

gqJGDTG.png

I have not gone mining in some time now thinks lastly to theses 2 hard workers that get 1 day a year off unlike the rest of the minions that get no breaks.

mEy1kCm.png

But we cant forget my mighty and power-full gladiators

oLBJaUI.png

These mighty warriors have helped me get all the Water Elemental kills I need to finish up all of my Ars Magica level 1 skills. In the last battle where I got my amour drop from the Water Elemental one of they might fighters step in front of me taking a hit that would have killed me. He will not be forgotten.

So I have been having a fun time with Horizons so far the magic mods so far have keeps me rather busy. I have yet to look at blood magic but do I really want to cut myself even though I can heal myself so easily with a spell? Also been starting to think about forming a pack with a evil daemon thanks to witchery.

@RealSketch there is tech in Horizons but to me it just feels right working with magic first as it is broadening your Horizons (yes I know bad joke) I am looking forward to getting into rotary craft as that mod looks like so much fun and going to hurt my head or setting up some ore tripling or more and, some different ways to mine with engineers toolbox. I may get around to trying the other 2 new quarry's some time but want to go with different then the same old same old.

Now as we finish for this update lets again look at the wonderful scenery around where I am located and random way points I forgot to turn off

y0AhU6y.png

zTYbejq.png

CQ2ULUN.png

These where all taken when standing on top of my essence nexess

And as always more to come

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
After a 1-2 hours in Horizons, I experienced how hard it is without the tech. First day I died many times due to one persistent Ender Boss from Farlanders in by one of those huts.
Don't worry, I took his hut for myself.

@sonofthelion you're are doing a great job considering there is no tech! :D
Actually Horizons has Thermal Expansion, RotaryCraft, ReactorCraft, and Engineers Toolbox. That is 4 big tech mods...

Reactions: sonofthelion