Some worldgen problems in Monster

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

SevenMass

Jan 2, 2013
The Netherlands
I'm playing a slightly modified version of the Monster pack. The difference is: I disabled a whole bunch of mods that I'm not interested in and I disabled a bunch of BoP biomes I don't like. I didn't change any configs other than that.

I used to come across a lot of Thaumcraft ruins in the past, (those structures with multiple totems and a dungeon chest) but In my current pack I don't see them anywhere. I do find the stand alone totems.
I generate the BoP world type.

I've recently enabled ATG and Highlands temporarily to see what it was like, and generated a ATG World. After only a bit of exploring I came across 3 TC Ruins.
I disabled ATG and Highlands again and made a bunch more BoP worlds, and I'm still not finding any TC Ruins.

For some reason, the bottom 5 layers of the worlds I generate are solid bedrock. Even if I create a flatworld with a preset, the preset gets overwritten such that the bottom 5 layers are solid bedrock anyway.
What I would like is for bedrock is generate vanilla style. And for flatworlds to generate according to my preset.

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason, the bottom 5 layers of the worlds I generate are solid bedrock. Even if I create a flatworld with a preset, the preset gets overwritten such that the bottom 5 layers are solid bedrock anyway.
What I would like is for bedrock is generate vanilla style. And for flatworlds to generate according to my preset.
This is caused by the Flat Bedrock function of CoFH Core. You can disable it in the CoFHWorld.cfg (its inside the cofh folder) by setting
Code:
# This will flatten the bedrock layer.
    B:FlatBedrock=true
to false ;)

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
I believe that the TC altars are height-based, and there aren't many high-biomes in vanilla (even extreme hills aren't that high for most of it). There might also be something about the height-limits that's being calculated. Possibly worth submitting that as a bug to Azanor?

SevenMass

Jan 2, 2013
The Netherlands
This is caused by the Flat Bedrock function of CoFH Core. You can disable it in the CoFHWorld.cfg (its inside the cofh folder) by setting
Code:
# This will flatten the bedrock layer.
    B:FlatBedrock=true
to false ;)

Thank you, I'll try to change that and see if it helps.

Can't this be considered a bug in the configs? I mean, why would you want to have 5 layers of solid bedrock? At least in vanilla it is to give the appearance of a gradual change to bedrock, but if it is going to be flat anyway, why not just one layer?

I believe that the TC altars are height-based, and there aren't many high-biomes in vanilla (even extreme hills aren't that high for most of it). There might also be something about the height-limits that's being calculated. Possibly worth submitting that as a bug to Azanor?

Its true that they seem to generate on high peaks. In one of my 1.5 worlds with vanilla worldgen (because I didn't knew you had to change world type to get the BoP gen) I had a very large vanilla snowy biome near my base with a lot of snowy mountain peaks (distributed over a wide area) I explored the whole Biome just for the dungeon loot. It actually gave me a reason to explore.

It is true that I disabled a lot of those insanely high mountainous Biomes in BoP. (they seem so unnatural and forced to me) But, I clearly remember the ruins generate at lower altitudes than that. And quite a few of the BoP biomes are actually quite high, despite being relatively flat.

Look at this guys LP of MF2: http://youtu.be/jpV57TIIby0?t=3m51s at 3m51s he finds one of these ruins at y=86. That is not an uncommon height at all in BoP.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
High tier Rotarycraft requires bedrock to craft its components. The bedrock breaker itself will not destroy the bottom layer of bedrock to prevent opening wholes to the world.
This is the reason I opted for layers of flat bedrock over just one.

Reactions: MoosyDoosy

trajano080

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you, I'll try to change that and see if it helps.

Can't this be considered a bug in the configs? I mean, why would you want to have 5 layers of solid bedrock? At least in vanilla it is to give the appearance of a gradual change to bedrock, but if it is going to be flat anyway, why not just one layer?

Its true that they seem to generate on high peaks. In one of my 1.5 worlds with vanilla worldgen (because I didn't knew you had to change world type to get the BoP gen) I had a very large vanilla snowy biome near my base with a lot of snowy mountain peaks (distributed over a wide area) I explored the whole Biome just for the dungeon loot. It actually gave me a reason to explore.

It is true that I disabled a lot of those insanely high mountainous Biomes in BoP. (they seem so unnatural and forced to me) But, I clearly remember the ruins generate at lower altitudes than that. And quite a few of the BoP biomes are actually quite high, despite being relatively flat.

Look at this guys LP of MF2: http://youtu.be/jpV57TIIby0?t=3m51s at 3m51s he finds one of these ruins at y=86. That is not an uncommon height at all in BoP.

If you set that config to true, then there's another one which configures how much layers of bedrock there will be.

SevenMass

Jan 2, 2013
The Netherlands
High tier Rotarycraft requires bedrock to craft its components. The bedrock breaker itself will not destroy the bottom layer of bedrock to prevent opening wholes to the world.
This is the reason I opted for layers of flat bedrock over just one.

Thank you for clearing that up, Rotarycraft is one of the mods I've disables, so that's why I couldn't have figured it out myself.