Some questions about Dimensional Doors

jokermatt999

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm considering adding Dimensional Doors to my Unleashed world, and I have a few questions about it.

1) Are there still issues with Thermal Expansion and DD? I remember hearing Bad Things would happen when tesseracts were placed in a DD dimension, has that been fixed?

2) How difficult is it to add to Unleashed? Should I expect a lot of conflicts? I *think* I understand checking for item ID conflicts, but I'd definitely appreciate (and spread!) a link to a good tutorial on that. Edit: Found a great one, and even about DD! http://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/1jcuvj/adding_dimensional_doors_to_ftb/

3) If I add it into a world that's already generated, can I still really use it? I'd rather not restart my world...

4) How high are the personal dimensions in it? I'd like to make a base inside a Natura redwood in one, and they tend to be somewhat tall. They can also be expanded with fabric of reality, right?

Lastly, does anyone have any general tips they'd like to add? I've never used DD before, but it seems interesting. Thank you for reading (and hopefully answering). :)

ewsmith

Jul 29, 2019
1: I've never experienced this but I've never used tesseracts in a pocket dim.
2: As it is in unhinged it should be relatively easy.
3: The pocket dimension door can be crafted from an ender pearl and two iron doors. [door][pearl][door]
4: The dimension is contained in a box in a void world. The box is too small to house a redwood. You can break out of the box via wither.

Reactions: jokermatt999

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
I was considering adding the mod to Unleashed since I love pocket dimensions. What's this about a tesseract glitch? :eek:

jokermatt999

Jul 29, 2019
I was considering adding the mod to Unleashed since I love pocket dimensions. What's this about a tesseract glitch? :eek:

I believe it was a world killing corruption glitch, which is why I was so worried. However, it's been a while since I heard anything about it, so I was hoping it was fixed. Still, since I was mostly planning on using a pocket dimension as machine storage (thinking about using a mobile base on an airship now that Archimedes Ships is finally updated, whoo!), kinda wanted to be sure on that.

Edit: Airship plan foiled, as the dimension door doesn't lead to the same pocket dimension when moved. Damn. Thermal expansion machines on a ship keep their same data, but not their orientation. Blah.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I found that DD frequently caused my server to crash. I have removed it now as a result.