Windows .exe [SOLVED]World Crash upon load Silverwood slab Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazzify55

Jul 29, 2019
I was playing around in my singleplayer world and I picked a silverwood slab (Thaumic Bees) with my Gravity gun and it popped off into my inventory. This caused me to crash. I am pretty positive that this is the problem because there is something in the crash report about a slab. I can't just remove the mod Thaumic Bees because I have a lot of items from that mod including very hard to get bees so if anyone knows of another way I can remove the slab from my inventory that would be great. I know there are inventory editors out there but I have never used them before so if there is a post somewhere giving a full tutorial on how to install and use an inventory editor that would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.

Nessiroj

Jul 29, 2019
I can't give a full tutorial about the inventory editing, but nbtexplorer is pretty self explaining.
Just make a backup / copy of your <playername>.dat file before loading it in nbtexplorer.

Change stuff and see if it's the right one, if it aint restore the backup and try again.

Jazzify55

Jul 29, 2019
well I downloaded NBTexplorer and I couldn't get it working. I opened the zip file and opened the NBT Explorer.exe and it came up saying NBT Explorer is not responding and wouldn't open. I don't know what's wrong.

Nessiroj

Jul 29, 2019
You opened the .zip file or extracted the actual files from the .zip? Opening programs inside zipfiles never works :)

Jazzify55

Jul 29, 2019
ok so the item is in the 5th slot in my hotbar I found that in NBT Explorer and I don't know how to delete it. I tried changing the id and changing the count number from 1 to 0 and neither of those worked...how do I just plain delete it from my inventory?

Jazzify55

Jul 29, 2019
I pressed save and I am editing the player.dat file found in my world save. Every time I change the file it goes back to it's original state even though I am pressing save...as soon as I open the world the file is back to it's original state with the silverwood slab id in slot 5

Nessiroj

Jul 29, 2019
Is the file marked as readonly? When edited it should remember the change.
If you make a backup of this file and open the backup (just to test)?

Jazzify55

Jul 29, 2019
well it remembers the changes if I close it and reopen it but when I open up the world ingame and then open the file it is back to the original state.

Jazzify55

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for your help I appreciate it, but I gave up and disabled Thaumic Bees so that I could use my world again. I will just cheat back all the Thaumic Bee items. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.