[SOLVED in Post 2] Quick NEI issue (No top-left corner buttons)

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Hello my lovely little hamsters.

As is tradition, here's a gif.

tumblr_m5tvk1th2e1rqlfp9.gif

Oh, Mr. Downey~. I'd so turn bi for you...

Well now that that's out the way, having a little trouble with NEI and I can't figure out how to fix. I ain't getting any of the top left corner buttons, you know for Creative, Weather, Time, etc.

93mWy.jpg

I've turned on cheat mode, I've flicked on the individual option buttons, I've messed about with the configs, pretty much everything I can think of and it's determined not to let me cheat. Can't imagine why. Any idea how I can get them to show up?

Here's the original config if you need it; http://puu.sh/93nq7.cfg

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
in the options, did you press the button in the top right that says 'global' (i think)
then go into the change nei mode place after you pushed that button and fix it.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
in the options, did you press the button in the top right that says 'global' (i think)
then go into the change nei mode place after you pushed that button and fix it.
This fixed it, bless you sir.
Are you no longer blaming GregTech for your NEI problems? :p
Too easy. #BlameGregTech
Are cheats enabled on the savegame/server? Not sure if that matters, TBH, but might be worth a check.
I made it a point to activate cheats when I created the world, sorry I didn't clarify that.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
k... to maybe ask almost the same question as op...
I have my NEI set for Global. Nothing I set in NEI does anything. I shows everything in DW20/MF2 but I can't change any settings in single player. In FTBLite2, I can't NEI to show any thing for even recipes even in recipe mode. What am I missing?

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
k... to maybe ask almost the same question as op...
I have my NEI set for Global. Nothing I set in NEI does anything. I shows everything in DW20/MF2 but I can't change any settings in single player. In FTBLite2, I can't NEI to show any thing for even recipes even in recipe mode. What am I missing?
This is solved in post 2. Change from global to world then turn cheat mode on.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
yeah, that solved half my riddle... the other half was no items listing on the right side no matter what. That apparently stemmed from unfortunately adding Pnumaticcraft breaking NEI. A shame... I was hoping to do some play throughs with some not so used mods starting with FTBLite.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Check again on the menu with cheat mode and see if the individual utility buttons are dark grey, if so make them light grey. Remember to use the world option and not global

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
How does nei work? Do you have to somehow setup configs for it to include addional mods to it or is it a pneumaticcraft thing? I add the mod, nei dies. I take it off, everythings fine but less interesting.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
yeah, that solved half my riddle... the other half was no items listing on the right side no matter what. That apparently stemmed from unfortunately adding Pnumaticcraft breaking NEI. A shame... I was hoping to do some play throughs with some not so used mods starting with FTBLite.
Try pressing "O" when you've got it open.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
no effect. took a different tack. I stripped off DW20 as much as possible.and we have a working model.