[Solved] Broken mystcraft age

Status
Not open for further replies.

burneh

Jul 29, 2019
I have been playing on a singleplayer save for about a week now. Stupidly enough i created my base inside a mystcraft age (30), and went totally mental with creating ages. I went in and out of this age probably 200 - 300 times without any problems before it finally became corrupt for some reason. What basicly happens is that i get stuck in the loading phase of that specific age.

I have had this problem before, and i do know how to get out of the age and in to the overworld again (by messing with the save folder). The problem with that is that i will lose my age for good, and with that a weeks worth of building and stuff. I cant find anyone else who has managed to recover a corrupt age, and there is most likely no solution. I thought i might aswell create a thread here and see if anyone had any solutions for me. Here is my infor and crashlog if anyone is interested. Thanks in advance :)

http://pastebin.com/D9VWDUZr crashlog.

Windows 8 64 bit.
In this specific crashlog i removed the rouge dungeons mod to test if that would have any impact, for that reason there are only 109 mods loaded.
This is the FTB horizons modpack if that wasnt clear :)

burneh

Jul 29, 2019
After 5 hours i have finally found a way to get my age back. Ill write them here in steps if anyone ever is in need for this fix :)

1. Download NBTexplorer.
2. Backup your minecraft save folder.
3. go into roaming (search %appdata% in windows search). Enter your minecraft folder, or FTB folder if you are via the FTB launcher.
4. Go into your save folder, find your save, then go to the "data" folder.
5. You should see some files with "agedata_x" (where X is the specific age number). Open your corupt age with NBTexplorer. If you cannot open the file with NBTexplorer, your agedata is missing for that age.
6. Open a previous age (agedata via nbtexplorer). This should be a age you can manage without, and have the book for ingame.
7. Expand the "data" tab inside NBTexplorer, go down to "Agename", and change it to the name of your broken age. Remeber to save, it will not save if you dont press save.
8. Delete your corupt agedata, and rename the agedata you just changed to the name of your corupt age.

You should now be able to access your age. Keep in mind this will not keep the pages that are in your age, so the effects your age had will not be there anymore.

I hope this is of use to some.

Status
Not open for further replies.