[Solved]AE2 Intermittent Channel Loss

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Playing on FTB Infinity.

At my base I have a Quantum Link with a Blue Dense cable coming directly from an ME controller attached to the top of it.

At my Thaumcraft Base I have a quantum link with a blue dense cable coming out the top. Off of the dense cable I have 4 ME cables coming off(1 ME cable per dense cable "block"), these ME cables have 8, 6, 4 and 2 channels in use for a total of 20 channels(confirmed with smart cables).

What is happening is randomly the entire Thaumcraft side shuts down with everything saying Missing Channel, then just as randomly everything starts working again.

Powered both sides, chunkloaded both sides.

What is happening?

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
My guess would be Power draw. Add an me dense Power storage block to the remote side, once it is fully charged it will hold the remote end up if there is a brown out in your supply.

Only other thing I can think of would be chunk boundaries. If your controller straddles a boundary or if the quantum ring / dense cable connection is on a boundary it may cause oddness.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
I have a dense energy cell on the remote side already so it's not power loss.

Chunk boundaries a possibility, will check it out but whole area definitely chunkloaded including several chunks on either side of everything

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
Me general rule of thumb is one energy cell per controller rounding up. Currently have a 3x3x3 hollow cube so have 3 dense cells on the main network.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Is dangerous, if power goes down for a second your entire AE system shuts down...

Who knows what will happen in my world.

dragonmaster0283

Jul 29, 2019
:eek: i never use dense energy cells. energy acceptor linked to the main power line and all works fine :D

Problem is that the AE does have a small AE storage amount. If you say need to draw out a lot of items at once, it will lag up slightly because your AE system runs out of power until the next tick cycle. Several tests have show that it does slow down the whole system if you don't have at least a little backup. Its sometimes noticable with quarry's products going into an AE network where it slows down the input. I've recommended to at the very least to always have 1 energy cell. They are fairly cheap to make really

ParAdoX83

Jul 29, 2019
mh might be. i never noticed :D though i had 3 quarries with speedx2 upgrade on it and max boosted wireless. then again i never checked nonstop ^_^

Darkone84

Jul 29, 2019
Me general rule of thumb is one energy cell per controller rounding up. Currently have a 3x3x3 hollow cube so have 3 dense cells on the main network.
Really I have not found this problem I have a 5x5x5 hollow cube with no energy cell and I don't have any issues.