1. Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

[Solution Found!] Sounds - Tekkit

Discussion in 'General FTB chat' started by AuXDubz, Jan 25, 2013.

1. AuXDubz

AuXDubz New Member

It has recently come to my attention whilst playing FTB, it is very quiet.

I was wondering if anyone knew how to get all them sound effects which were on Tekkit in to FTB... or were they just from a specially written mod for Tekkit.

When i am talking about the sounds, i mean for the machines.
    For example i have 12 Geothermal gens working full time, but i only see there working not hear. :D

Only just a thought in the back of my mind, and was wondering if anyone could sort out my problem out.

- AuX
    Thanks for reading.

2. Abdiel

Abdiel New Member

IC2 sounds have been disabled by IC itself as they were bugged somehow. Expect a fix in some later IC release.

In addition to that Tekkit adds a mod named MAtmos, which adds various atmospheric sounds (wind, birds, water waves, ...). Google it, I have no idea whether it's compatible with FTB.

3. MFINN23

MFINN23 New Member

Thinking of downloading tekkit. Ultimate is taking so long...

4. AuXDubz

AuXDubz New Member

Thanks for the response.[DOUBLEPOST=1359126696][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Na, keep with FTB the longer the ultimate pack takes to come out, the more you will enjoy it :D

5. Celestialphoenix

Celestialphoenix Too Much Free Time

The modpacks are nearly identical and MAtmos only adds sound FX, so it should load fine.

Try the mindcrack pack before tekkit, if you want more its a fairly good way to go.
    (Remember tekkit lacks forestry, extrabees, portal and gravi gun ect)

6. Golrith

Golrith Over-Achiever Trusted User

I have a theory too that sounds are causing massive lag. I always get issues when it rains, or deep underground near lava, or when there are a lot of mobs around. Most likely with the sounds from all the machines were encountering the same issue, and so disabled.

But I agree, I do miss having sounds of machinery.

MFINN23 likes this.
  7. AuXDubz

AuXDubz New Member

Currently the server i play on is on the Mindcrack pack.

The only problem i personally have with Tekkit is from what i have heard, they never got any permissions from the mod makers to allow their mods to be in Tekkit.

8. MFINN23

MFINN23 New Member

Yup I've noticed that the sounds are the source of most lag too. Wonder if FTB does something wonky with the sounds. I noticed that it seems to hang when unloading the "soundsytem" or whatever it is that it says in the console too.[DOUBLEPOST=1359127984][/DOUBLEPOST]You notice in direwolf's videos too that he's suffering from it. Always lags when leaving or entering areas with ambient sound.

9. ThemsAllTook

ThemsAllTook New Member

You can set B:soundsEnabled to true in your IC2.cfg. I've done it, and it works fine for me. Definitely adds a lot of atmosphere with them on.

AuXDubz likes this.
  10. AuXDubz

AuXDubz New Member

THANKS YOU! :D