Solar Powered Matter Fabricator, I'm really proud of this!

doomplug

Jul 29, 2019
I wanted to share and hopefully discuss this solar powered matter fabricator I've been working on. I'm terribly proud of it and its so nice to have full-speed uu-matter production with the power of the sun. I'd love to get some feedback here to see how I can either expand on it or make it better. Being solar, the only problem I'd really like to resolve is to get that continuous 8192 eu all night long as well as during the day. Also possibly make it cheaper as this setup is very end game.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
the problem is what you need to keep in mind, if you use solar, it only productive 50% of the time, because you just don't get enough EU during the night.
what you could do and try is double the amount of solars, one half powers the fabricator during the day, the other fills EU storage blocks that will feed the fabricator at night.
you'll have to test out yourself how many solars and EU storage blocks you need yourself.

Swoop

Jul 29, 2019
I don't really see the point of using those power converters. They turn EU into EU. You could just use a cable. Over that distance you wouldn't have any losses.

Silent_007

Jul 29, 2019
I don't really see the point of using those power converters. They turn EU into EU. You could just use a cable. Over that distance you wouldn't have any losses.
Watch at 2:52
(I don't know anything about GT energy storage devices myself, but I'm assuming his logic is sound... :p )

thestarlion

Jul 29, 2019
Why not just use a Redstone'd HV Transformer? That'd do the exact same job as that setup without adding any space at all.

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
Why don't you just use 4 HV transformers (inverted) and use some glass fibres?

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
It was my thought that it accepts up to 8196 EU/t packets per side, am not quite up to testing this in my world, but realistically you should be able to put in 24000 Eu/t, saving one side to pump in scrap, and another to pump out UU.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
It was my thought that it accepts up to 8196 EU/t packets per side, am not quite up to testing this in my world, but realistically you should be able to put in 24000 Eu/t, saving one side to pump in scrap, and another to pump out UU.
In some of the more recent versions, it's only capable of accepting 8192 EU/tick, as opposed to per packet.

Sent from my phone using black magic

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
In some of the more recent versions, it's only capable of accepting 8192 EU/tick, as opposed to per packet.

Sent from my phone using black magic

Ahh, I see
So, does it actually explode when fed more than 8196 EU/t, or does it just not accept that much?

doomplug

Jul 29, 2019
I have actually seen what is wrong in this setup and I learned a lot.. If anyone is interested I put up a video about what I (incorrectly) believed in building this setup and describe why it is good and bad.

Exadi

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh, I see
So, does it actually explode when fed more than 8196 EU/t, or does it just not accept that much?

Technically, it accepts more than that, but only USES 8192 eu/t from its internal storage. You don't need to worry about connecting 5 or more Plasma Generators to it for example. I wouldn't try a 1000000 EU packet from a Supercondensator though, there's really no point even if it works.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Technically, it accepts more than that, but only USES 8192 eu/t from its internal storage. You don't need to worry about connecting 5 or more Plasma Generators to it for example. I wouldn't try a 1000000 EU packet from a Supercondensator though, there's really no point even if it works.
Yeah, wasn't going to try anything above 2096 Eu/t packages..

But thanks for the verification though

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
the problem is what you need to keep in mind, if you use solar, it only productive 50% of the time, because you just don't get enough EU during the night.
what you could do and try is double the amount of solars, one half powers the fabricator during the day, the other fills EU storage blocks that will feed the fabricator at night.
you'll have to test out yourself how many solars and EU storage blocks you need yourself.

Advanced/hybrid/ultimate panels generate at night

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
At 1/8th efficiency though, which means you still need more than the bare minimum to produce them during the day.

You can store power for nightfall in MFSUs and the like, You just gotta stop using your machines for a while
Guess it all comes down to how much you need, My entire system is built on three separate power systems,
The largest is the original, Solars on the roof, Mixed ranging from basic to ultimate,

One panel powers the industrial freezer/macerator/blast furnace/electrolyzer, Etc etc
The whole room all on it's own,

And the matter fabricator room has glass in the celing, And four panels inside to stop anyone form stealing my UU matter

Hane24

Jul 29, 2019
Just FYI... a matter fab Needs NO EU storage blocks... like... ever. I have mine Hooked straight into 26 UHSP (Ultimate Hybrid Solar Panels) and Into an IDSU feeding it the left overs from my other 13 UHSP. I make 1UU per 45 seconds give or take during the day and 1 every 2 minutes at night. The Matter Fab. can only accept PACKETS of 8k PER TICK. while the ultimates give off 512 EU/tick/packet, Giving me around 16k Eu/tick IN 512 packets.

2013-05-15_02.55.46.png

arentol

Jul 29, 2019
Just FYI... a matter fab Needs NO EU storage blocks... like... ever. I have mine Hooked straight into 26 UHSP (Ultimate Hybrid Solar Panels) and Into an IDSU feeding it the left overs from my other 13 UHSP. I make 1UU per 45 seconds give or take during the day and 1 every 2 minutes at night. The Matter Fab. can only accept PACKETS of 8k PER TICK. while the ultimates give off 512 EU/tick/packet, Giving me around 16k Eu/tick IN 512 packets.

View attachment 4345

WTF?

Absolutely everything you say after "a matter fab needs NO EU storage blocks... like... ever." proves precisely the opposite (or at least that it can really really really benefit from them while technically not needing them.)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2