Solar Panels ?

PoofyMush

Jul 29, 2019
Well , In my world , Im running out of coals so ,
is there anyway to convert solar panels eu to
machine blocks like Generator , electric furnace etc etc ?
I have searched on the internet but still no answers have been
found . I tried testing it by myself but the machine blocks still
keep exploding.
thanks in advance for those answers

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
I'm having trouble reading what you are talking about, but it looks like you are asking about Ic2 power networks, right?

If a block is exploding it is because it is getting more EU then it can handle. The solar panels are low, very low, 1 EU, that uses tin wire. Upgrade them once and you are making 32, this is copper wire. Once you upgrade again you are in gold cable range, 128 EU, this is enough to make most machines explode. The last upgrade is 512, this requires special cables, either refined iron or glass fiber. This is enough to make almost everything explode.

Now if you save up the small amounts inside special blocks (batbox, MFU, MFSU) they will output EU as needed in the appropriate amounts (batbox 32, MFU 128, MFSU 512) and if the machine you want to use it on requires a specific size you use a transformer just before it gets to the machine.

Take note that the large dots on the side of those blocks have meaning. 1 dot vs 3 dot side. Typically the side with the larger and more complex metal shape is the high voltage output side and the other sides are input sides.

Have a look at the industrial craft wiki in my signature for something more in depth, or keep asking questions.

Reactions: PoofyMush

PoofyMush

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having trouble reading what you are talking about, but it looks like you are asking about Ic2 power networks, right?

If a block is exploding it is because it is getting more EU then it can handle. The solar panels are low, very low, 1 EU, that uses tin wire. Upgrade them once and you are making 32, this is copper wire. Once you upgrade again you are in gold cable range, 128 EU, this is enough to make most machines explode. The last upgrade is 512, this requires special cables, either refined iron or glass fiber. This is enough to make almost everything explode.

Now if you save up the small amounts inside special blocks (batbox, MFU, MFSU) they will output EU as needed in the appropriate amounts (batbox 32, MFU 128, MFSU 512) and if the machine you want to use it on requires a specific size you use a transformer just before it gets to the machine.

Take note that the large dots on the side of those blocks have meaning. 1 dot vs 3 dot side. Typically the side with the larger and more complex metal shape is the high voltage output side and the other sides are input sides.

Have a look at the industrial craft wiki in my signature for something more in depth, or keep asking questions.
ok thx for the info . but how do I make solar panel eu to make industrialcraft machines (ex : Electric Furnace , Compressor , etc etc) work ?

PoofyMush

Jul 29, 2019
I just told you that poofy. Tell me what bits you understood, and what bits you didn't understand, and we'll see how we can make your setup work.

Though, one quick statement. If you have BLUE solar panels, those are the WRONG ONES.
Well , I understand that when machine blocks explodes , it cant handle more eu and the cable things,
what I dont understand is the rest you said .

and I'm using the advanced solar panels ones .
I have checked the link on your signature but its too advance for me . I'm just a beginner ftb user .

PoofyMush

Jul 29, 2019
It's very important to pay attention to what one of the advanced solars you have in place.

So, what exactly is the solar panels you have in place, and what exactly are you trying to power? I'll walk you through connecting a few things, one step at a time.
i just said , Advanced Solar Panel .
I want to power some of my Industrial craft Machines like Electric Furnace , industrial centrifuge , compressor , maceretor , etc etc.

Mikey_R

Jul 29, 2019
What is your setup. That would probably be the best place to start, preferably with a screenshot.

PoofyMush

Jul 29, 2019
No , What I meant was industrial craft solar panel , and making the industrial craft solar panel power up electric furnace , compressor , macerator , etc etc

and I'm using advanced solar panels

Antivyris

Jul 29, 2019
'Advanced Solar Panel' Is actually an advanced solar panel in advanced solars. Tricky fish.

It outputs 8eu/t, so if you are using Tin cable, it is exploding.

I think what we really need to beyond the cable is Which machine is exploding, and do you have a BatBox, MFE, or MFSU in the line?

A common mistake is placing an MFE without a low-voltage transformer on it.

PoofyMush

Jul 29, 2019
lol ! sorry everyone . I was very confused that I taught Solar Panels cannot power some electric furnace , compressor , etc etc. without any smart machines .
sorry everyone . I'm just new at ftb .

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
And you should probably get some classes, no offence, but your grammar sucks.

And you should get some internet etiquette, because no offense, you're being unnecessarily rude and unnecessarily off topic in one fell swoop.

@ Topic:
Depending on which Modpack Poofy is using, he may be running afoul of GregTech's "constant energy machine" setting. Under that setting, a single solar panel producing 1 EU/t will not be able to power anything that requires more than 1 EU/t. In other words, everything except a recycler.

Reactions: SkyBoy96

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
As an easy answer to understand for anyone else, you can run cables directly from your solars to your machines, as long as you respect the voltage (LV is up to 32EU) and use the right cables.
That said, using a batbox in the middle permits to store the excess power, so it is a good thing to have when you can afford it (should be even before the solar panels).

As long as you run the right amount of power to your machines, they will work, no matter where the energy comes from, that's the basic information I guess.

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
I think slay_mithos got to the key solution. Feed the power from the solar panels into one or more batboxes (and later upgrade the batbox to an MFE). The batboxes will store the power and give you a consistent output that your machines will be happy with.

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
No, it does not. I'm going to choose to overlook that and just proceed with a working solution. :)

Poofy, if you want to go with solars what you should be working toward is:

Advanced Solar Panel --> Copper Wire --> Batbox --> copper wire --> machines like Compressor, Macerator

CrafterOfMines57

Jul 29, 2019
Depending on which Modpack Poofy is using, he may be running afoul of GregTech's "constant energy machine" setting. Under that setting, a single solar panel producing 1 EU/t will not be able to power anything that requires more than 1 EU/t. In other words, everything except a recycler.
That only applies to GregTech machines, believe it or not, Greg doesn't really like overloading too many IC2 base classes, and changing that would probably be overloading a lot of classes.

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
And you should get some internet etiquette, because no offense, you're being unnecessarily rude and unnecessarily off topic in one fell swoop.

@ Topic:

I know you don't like GregTech, FYI, that constant energy machine only apply to GregTech machines..