Solar panel > Batbox

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Exilo

Jul 29, 2019
Hello!
Well, I am trying to get a solar panel connected to a batbox, but when I do that, it explodes. (MFSU to Batbox)
This is how I tried to set it up:
fLXjM.png

But it don't work.
Any have tutorials on this?

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
As a matter of fact, I do. It's the QuickTip on my blog in my sig.

Long story short: Your MFSU is outputting High Voltage (512 EU/t), but your Batbox can only handle Low Voltage (32 EU/t). Step it down using a MV Transformer then a LV transformer if you are wanting to power a Batbox from this setup.

Also, the copper cable between your MFSU's is going to get fried, because it can only handle LV as well. Use Glass Fibre cable, like you have from your solar panel to your MFSU.

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
The image isn't working for me, but what I can tell you is that a BatBox can only take 32 EU/t. It might be able to handle more without exploding, but it'll fill up and waste power once it's full, so there really is no reason why you would want to give it more than 32 EU/t.

If you want to convert more than 32 EU/t to 32 EU/t you should use a transformer(s). From an MFSU (which outputs 512 EU/t I think) you should first transform down to 128 EU/t (MFE level) and then down to 32 EU/t. If you type in "transformer" on the IC2 wiki or NEI I think you might be able to find what you need.

I'm no expert in IC2 power though, so I might be missing some information, but I think this should point you in the right direction at least.

Edit: Or what Shneekey said :p

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Another thing about your HV transformer you used:
a) HV transforms between 512 EU packets and 2048 EU packets.
b) The three-dotted side is always the one with the higher voltage.
c) no redstone signal -> transform down. with redstone signal -> transform up.

What you would need:
MFSU outputs at side with the dot -> glass fibre or HV-cable (iron) -> via three-dotted side into MV transformer, outputs at single dotted sides -> glass fibre or HV cable (iron) or MV cable (gold) -> via three-dotted side into LV transformer, outputs at single dotted sides -> glass fibre or HV cable (iron) or MV cable (gold) or LV cable (copper) -> via no-dots side into batbox.

The cables can be left out, you can directly place all the blocks side-by-side. if we assume the energy flow from left (solar panel) to right (batbox) the following would need to be done.
left: solar panel
to the right of that: MFSU with the dot facing to the right
to the right of that: MV transformer with the three-dotted side to the left
to the right of that: LV transformer with the three-dotted side to the left
to the right of that: BatBox with the dot facing to the right
right: LV machine which drans the energy from the BatBox (e.g. electric furnace)

Tabu

Jul 29, 2019
Here is the real question. Why would you be going from an MFSU to a Batbox in the first place?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Easy just use Glass Fiber Cables!
And queue the necro MEMEs...

Did you really have to resurrect an over a year old post to post that(which is not even useful advice, and the problem have already been solved..)[DOUBLEPOST=1393185756][/DOUBLEPOST]
Somehow this thread got answered without actually knowing which pack or version of IC2/IC2EXP is being used.
(considering that IC2 and IC2EXP would result in different answers)​
There was no IC2e back then :p

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
I was about to post about how this was a horrible necro post and you should feel bad, then I realized you were a bot.

Reactions: Loufmier