So which pack are you spending most of your time playing?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Which pack do you play most?

• Total voters

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I voted Direwolf20, but I've tweaked it.

Removed PortalGun and GravityGun, added Twilight Forest, PetrolGen and a couple of others.

Greyed

Jul 29, 2019
I'm split, actually. For SP it is a highly modified FTB Beta A. SMP I'm on a Mindcrack + Thaumcraft server w/easy GT recipes.

Bhaz

Jul 29, 2019
I've spent a few minutes in each pack, still holding out for Ultimate and launcher updates (GT hard configs).

TheLoneWolfling

Jul 29, 2019
Currently? None, and debating about making a MultiMC "Modpack", to eventually turn into a private pack entirely separate from FTB instead.

Reasons?
  • About half the updates have caused major issues.
  • The "private" (it isn't) pack "feature", is completely useless.
  • The modpack most like what we wanted (Beta A) was discontinued.
  • We want Mystcraft + tech mods, but everyone on the server wants to be without GregTedium Mode, but with GT enabled. Note that this includes advanced machines / extra bees.
  • We've been waiting for the ultimate pack to be able to compare since before Christmas.

MavericK96

Jul 29, 2019
You do realize you can make the mod packs have whatever you want in them, right? I run DW20 with Advanced Solars instead of Compact Solars, and Advanced Machines.

I haven't personally had any issues upgrading the packs since V1, but I know some people have. Either way, I don't think that's a reason to just discredit the launcher/packs entirely.

Reactions: Lambert2191

TheLoneWolfling

Jul 29, 2019
Yes I can. However, the main reasons that I would go to a modpack are that it's easy to install for clients, and that it has tech support. Adding mods to the modpack negates both of them.

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
I started with the ftb beta then jumped into the magic pack as soon as it was released. I moved onto the DW Pack only because it updated and has red power.

I am really waiting on the ultimate pack so I can put together the mods I want and not have to worry about id conflicts or any other weird issues.