So is this where you got it from Saice? ;)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I do love me some ViHart.

And yeah it not the first place I got it but it was what was on my mind when I started doing the FTB thing. I've been using a sheep in MC for a long time now but when I started posting stuff and had to come up with why of talking about myself i found the silliness of the Shoop a really fitting thing.

Fun Fact.... I almost went with the Prinny instead but I just like sheep in MC and find them cute.

Reactions: whizzball1

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Vi Hart is a great Youtuber.
I learned a lot of stuff from her, especially about specific fractals like Sierpinski's Triangle.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Shame you don't watch scishow/minuteearth/minutephysics or you might actually learn something about the universe rather than just some nice maths tricks.

Reactions: Saice

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Shame you don't watch scishow/minuteearth/minutephysics or you might actually learn something about the universe rather than just some nice maths tricks.
I sometimes watch Minute Physics.
Considering I want a major in Physics and Chemistry, I need all the prep I can get.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
I sometimes watch Minute Physics.
Considering I want a major in Physics and Chemistry, I need all the prep I can get.
I think to have even a slight understanding of any science you have to realise the Universe, and the world, is far older than what you currently believe to be true

Reactions: xBTx

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah Brady is probably the youtuber with the most amount of channels ever! I started with Numberphile but now I sub to Deep Sky Videos and Periodic Videos too.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
My favorite Science Channels on Youtube:
Vi Hart
Numberphile (yes, Math is technically a Science)
Khan Academy
Minute Physics
Crash Course
I probably forgot like a million, but whatever.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
My favorite Science Channels on Youtube:
Vi Hart
Numberphile (yes, Math is technically a Science)
Khan Academy
Minute Physics
Crash Course
I probably forgot like a million, but whatever.
You know what all of the creators of those channels have in common?
They know the Earth is 4.54(roughly) BILLION years old. :)

Reactions: xBTx and GPuzzle

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
You know what all of the creators of those channels have in common?
They know the Earth is 4.54(roughly) BILLION years old. :)
True, but for nearly half of that, it was a lifeless planet. And since then there have been... what... seven, eight cataclysmic extinction events? We're talking on a global scale here, where 90%+ of all life dies out. We're really just a bunch of newcomers who narrowly avoided extinction ourselves about ten thousand years ago. I suppose one can count the Bubonic Plague which knocked back about two thirds of the population of Europe as a miniature version of an extinction event, although it was localized and self-perpetuated.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
True, but for nearly half of that, it was a lifeless planet. And since then there have been... what... seven, eight cataclysmic extinction events? We're talking on a global scale here, where 90%+ of all life dies out. We're really just a bunch of newcomers who narrowly avoided extinction ourselves about ten thousand years ago. I suppose one can count the Bubonic Plague which knocked back about two thirds of the population of Europe as a miniature version of an extinction event, although it was localized and self-perpetuated.
Aparently we're in the middle of one now.. kind of a scary thought..