So Ender IO dimensional transceivers

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
So I understand what they do, and I understand it looks cool, but what is its advantages over a tesseract? It seems to be just as expensive, if not more so.

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
Well basically the primary advantage was that they existed on 1.6 before tesseracts.

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
They're cheaper and point-to-point. To my knowledge, you can't link multiple of them together. One block per one inventory.

They also allow you to access the connected inventory remotely. A Tesseract is purely transport. For simply moving things, the Tesseract is better. For interaction, use RemoteIO.

EDIT: WOOPS! I was thinkin RemoteIO, not EnderIO. My bad. ;) No idea what the use case is then.

Last edited:

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
I dont think there is any major advantage. They dont crash the game when you right click on them like tesseracts sometimes do...

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Well its pretty infrequent so who knows when it will happen again. Saw it happen in one of Bevo's videos and he acted like he was accustomed to it too.

But regardless, I love Thermal Expansion 3. Just so you know. :D

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
It happened back when 3.0.0.0 released. It was fixed months ago. However, people have been unusually terrible about updating their mods in the 1.6.x era.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Bevo

Jul 29, 2019
Well its pretty infrequent so who knows when it will happen again. Saw it happen in one of Bevo's videos and he acted like he was accustomed to it too.

If I remember the time you are describing that was due to a color blind setting in the configs. @King Lemming actually helped me work on that one quite in depth over several days and I even made a video just for him on it. We could never properly reproduce the issue outside of my world for him to fix whatever the cause is, and I still have the same crash even in the updated versions of TE (Why I never use color blind mode anymore). It is just one of those cases I've never been able to figure out how to reproduce it to do a proper bug report on, and without being able to reproduce the cause there is not much King Lemming or anyone else can do to fix the crash.

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
Going back to the original question, in contrast to tesseracts they require energy to work, so depending on how you see things that could be more to your taste regarding balance.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019

Wait-people are not accustomed to crashes?

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
If I remember the time you are describing that was due to a color blind setting in the configs. @King Lemming actually helped me work on that one quite in depth over several days and I even made a video just for him on it. We could never properly reproduce the issue outside of my world for him to fix whatever the cause is, and I still have the same crash even in the updated versions of TE (Why I never use color blind mode anymore). It is just one of those cases I've never been able to figure out how to reproduce it to do a proper bug report on, and without being able to reproduce the cause there is not much King Lemming or anyone else can do to fix the crash.

Now that I think about it, it was some other guy's video. Anyway, next time it happens I can post the log. Most likely its due to some mod interaction.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Ender IO conduits are so awesome for us neat freaks. But I haven't used any of the rest of the mod, such as transceivers, since TE tesseracts have also been so awesome for us neat freaks to help eliminate the awful clutter of criss-crossing cables and conduits.[DOUBLEPOST=1399563372][/DOUBLEPOST]
I dont think there is any major advantage. They dont crash the game when you right click on them like tesseracts sometimes do...

I can confirm right-click crashes from tesseracts, but I just re-start FTB and keep on going. It's pretty infrequent for me, and the common denominator seems to be that I'm usually flying in my ModularPowersuit when I make the right click and get a crash.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I don't think i've ever seen a crash caused by a tesseract. What I do see fairly regularly is itemducts and redstone conduits that stop rendering (the block they are in looks empty but you can't walk through it, kinda like lag-induced ghost blocks, but this is in SSP) if i've been TPing around or using portals a lot. Again, restarting fixes it so no biggie.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I know we're off topic, but when I say I get infrequent right-click tesseract crashes, what I mean is that FTB literally just "blinks out". I just drop back to windows desktop and FTB is gone. No console, no crash logging, nothing. Just BLINK! and that's it. I restart FTB and just keep going with no problems, so yeah, it's really not a huge deal.

I also infrequent get the bug where some (but not all) of my itemducts or redstone conduit or fluidducts have disappeared and only a full restart brings them back into visibility. And I reported some "fluid dupe" bugs in Monster that were clearly related to TE3 stuff (refining oil into fuel with the oil tank level never changing). Except nobody seemed to care when I reported it. Oh well. Onward and upward!

Axylxys

Jul 29, 2019
I got the right click crash once, while i had a Mystcraft linking book in hand while clickign the tesseract. Ftb Monster 1.1.0 so, whatever TE version it can be. I remember that same thing happening (crash with a mystcraft book in hand) on a tesseract back in the 1.5 days, almost a year ago, needless to say i'm now carefully putting away my mystcraft book when doing anything with a tesseract.