SirSengir made Forestry open source

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
it's awesome that Forestry went open source, for a while I was kind of afraid it'd be a dying mod (though it still had some developers working on it, but mainly porting if I remember correctly)
hopefull this will give the developement for Forestry a huge boost, as it'd be really nice to see some new content for Forestry

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
it's awesome that Forestry went open source, for a while I was kind of afraid it'd be a dying mod (though it still had some developers working on it, but mainly porting if I remember correctly)
hopefull this will give the developement for Forestry a huge boost, as it'd be really nice to see some new content for Forestry

Agreed! I've not delved much into bees, but have always wanted to, I get easily sidetracked by Thaumcraft and mining till all my picks are dead :(

I hope someone picks this up, and runs with it!

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm. Now if Railcraft goes open source someone could compile the Platinum Trio into a more cohesive mega-mod. A la Resonant Induction.

In the meantime I'll resist the urge to rip out the bees and put them into my own mod.

Reactions: trajing

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I hope someone reintroduces the original farms back, perhaps has a tier 1 solution, that are more power hungry and slower then the current large mutliblock machine. Working with those old farms was much more interesting, so much was interlinked.

Reactions: rhn

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I hope someone reintroduces the original farms back, perhaps has a tier 1 solution, that are more power hungry and slower then the current large mutliblock machine. Working with those old farms was much more interesting, so much was interlinked.

the old farms were pretty easy and straight forward, I wouldn't mind if they came back, but more as a tier 1 and the multifarms as a tier 2

Reactions: rhn

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Great news. Just hope that the realism and complexity that forestry have always had (IMO) will not be diminished as a result of this.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Forestry is in pretty much everyone's short list for "cornerstone Minecraft mods". It's a testament to @SirSengir how well-loved this mod is, despite being one of the more difficult mods out there. Not many things in this mod come cheap or easy, but they are worth it. It also strikes a great balance between nature and technology, capable of producing astonishing power and resources while being fully renewable and in harmony with the world.

Personally, I think it's one of the greatest mods ever made and serves as a benchmark by which many others mods can be compared to. I've used Forestry in every one of my worlds the past ~2 years and always find something fun to do with it.

If I were myself 20 years ago without such a serious job and a family, I would enjoy rolling up my sleeves and seeing how I could contribute to the continued success of Forestry.

Am very much looking forward to seeing what happens next !

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Nice...... need to look in the code and see what I can tak....get inspired from

RgNf96W.png

Reactions: RealSketch