Simulating Sunlight at Bedrock Level.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Is it possible to do this in the Unleashed 1.1.7 Pack? And I'm not talking about having glass over what I want to build, there's going to be dirt and stone overhead.

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
What are you trying to do? Does it require sunlight or do you want it to look like there is sunlight? To my knowledge there isn't a way to see through terrain in 1.5.1. In 1.6.4 XU has Unstable blocks which can see through terrain but are fairly expensive to make.

Anyhow, again, why do you need sunlight?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Very few things actually differentiates between sunlight and any other light source tbh. Plants etc don't care where the light comes from as long as there is light enough(torches will be enough for farming needs inside caves etc).

If you are trying to simulate the natural rhythm of the sun, it should be quite easily done with some sort of lamps that can be incrementally controlled with redstone signal strengths. A CC computer could then be programmed to control it(with the need of a digital to "analog" transformer of sorts to translate signals into incremental redstone strengths).

Ps2K

Jul 29, 2019
Yep same issue here. But as far as I know there are no lamps which remove void fog. If you're using Optifine there is an option to turn off void fog. Two downsides: a) the base still looks crap for other players b) Optifine tends to cause more problems than it's worth.

JoeDolca

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe in qCraft you can make blocks that are glass from below and grass or stone from above, making it look solid from the surface but become transparent from the bottom

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe in qCraft you can make blocks that are glass from below and grass or stone from above, making it look solid from the surface but become transparent from the bottom
Would that work?

I was thinking of doing something similar with that and couldn't figure out if light would pass through a quantum block.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019

Carpenters slopes count as transparent. Mariculture blocks as well. Sadly you're in a very old version of modded minecraft where this task is actually kinda hard.

Reactions: Padfoote

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Trying to build the Iron Foundry by Tango Tak at Bedrock Level because my base is right on top of it. Since door detection relies on Sunlight, I have no choice but to move the Keep I partially built to another location and move the Iron Foundry up to Surface Level.

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
If it has mystcraft, create an age with bright lighting. It will be daylight everywhere regardless of the actual light level. This will not prevent mobs from spawning however. Magnum torches will however be great at stopping that and keeping your base looking torch/light free.