Silly mod, Abstract Power Generation!

dmillerw

Jul 29, 2019
This isn't a very serious mod, first off. Kind of inspired by Immibis's "Dark Panels" mod (found here), I had this random idea on my way home of blocks that only produce power when you're not looking at them. So I present to you, the Abstract Generator!

Download

Yes, it's kind of pointless and OP, but it's fun!

These blocks can produce both EU and RF, and the values they produce can be configured in the config.

AS THESE BLOCKS ARE HIGHLY UNSTABLE, BREAKING THEM MAY CAUSE SEVERE ADVERSE EFFECTS! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
Basically these blocks explode with the force of 2 1/2 blocks of TNT if you break them, so be careful!

6NN3Ee1.png

LWGJSIC.png

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
What's the standard EU / RF you set for them to produce? Wondering if I should tweak it and give it a go as well as if it's worth it to surround it with some blast protection.

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Meh, for the younger members of the community, this might send the wrong message and potentially influence them for the worse. I wouldn't implement these.
Exactly why I WOULD implement these! :p

But in all seriousness, Blood Magic is pretty masochist in itself, so why not a generator based on it?

Reactions: YX33A

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
Exactly why I WOULD implement these! :p

But in all seriousness, Blood Magic is pretty masochist in itself, so why not a generator based on it?
Well, Blood Magic is a whole mod, so you can just take the mod out of a pack, but if someone wants to use this mod for the abstract generator and learns of the "masochist" generator and "nudist" generator, they would get the wrong impression about the mod author, and if they were young, might accept such generators as appropriate and implementable. But Blood Magic's concept is still pretty masochistic and I would not recommend it to younger members of our community. I guess you could implement them if you rename them like "nudist" generator to "Unarmed" generator or something. But the masochist generator is still a pretty bad idea in my opinion.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
Since I spend the vast majority of my play time not looking at my chunk-loaded power system, I would add 2 more features to make it really funny: a range limit (similar to spawners) so you have to be nearby for it to run; an obnoxious noise while running. Linking the volume to the power output would be a bonus (sound muffler also reduces eu/rf per tick), add a volume slider so if you want more power you have to put up with more noise. Or layer sounds so minimal power output gives a steady ticking while max output sounds like a big brass band in full swing.

Kocyk

Jul 29, 2019
Generate power when you punch nearby animals...
Generate power when you DON'T give it coal/lava/etc...
Generate power when owner is hungry, more hunger = more power...
Generate power when owner is below level 30...
Generate power when block is within explosion range...

Any more ideas? :p

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
Generate power when you DON'T give it coal/lava/etc...
Generate power when block is within explosion range...
what makes it different from generator in OP?

i think AS has something like that. fulmination chamber was it?

Uristqwerty

Jul 29, 2019
As knowledge equals power, why not have a generator fuelled by written books? To extend it, perhaps the efficiency increases based on nearby bookshelves, in the style of enchanting tables. And there could be a further bonus if there is a librarian villager nearby. And to continue the idea past anything reasonable, it deletes one word from the book every second (or other period of time) until the book is empty, at which point it changes into an un-written book, with some arbitrary use.

Kyll.Ing.

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to do a power generator/storage block that only generates power when its chunk is unloaded? You have to leave the area for the block to charge, and come back to discharge it and use its power.

iiowyn

Jul 29, 2019
Well, Blood Magic is a whole mod, so you can just take the mod out of a pack, but if someone wants to use this mod for the abstract generator and learns of the "masochist" generator and "nudist" generator, they would get the wrong impression about the mod author, and if they were young, might accept such generators as appropriate and implementable. But Blood Magic's concept is still pretty masochistic and I would not recommend it to younger members of our community. I guess you could implement them if you rename them like "nudist" generator to "Unarmed" generator or something. But the masochist generator is still a pretty bad idea in my opinion.
I am powering magmatic dynamos from my lava producing ritual that takes LP from my network that are generated from players using a blood orb to take damage. Which I convinced my friends to help out with. And by help out I mean do all of it.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Gravity Generator- dropping it like sand makes Eu/MJ when it hits the floor.

Is it possible to do a power generator/storage block that only generates power when its chunk is unloaded? You have to leave the area for the block to charge, and come back to discharge it and use its power.

Impossible- as the unloaded block won't change/do anything as stuff doesn't run when its unloaded.
Something that generates power when a player is far away from it would work, and has the same concept.

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
I am powering magmatic dynamos from my lava producing ritual that takes LP from my network that are generated from players using a blood orb to take damage. Which I convinced my friends to help out with. And by help out I mean do all of it.
Wait, this isn't a Blood Magic thread... :p
Btw, a better way would be Sacrifice runes with mob farm transported to underneath your altar and Well of Suffering with Regen ritual to prolong their suffering. You're independent then and don't need to rely on anyone.

Reactions: Padfoote