Show Off Your Cool Creations!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Darkblock306

Jul 29, 2019
I know what you're thinking. ANOTHER "post your _____" thread? Yes. Anyways, show off any large machines/systems/piping monstrosities. I'll start with my my Enderman Death-O-Matic:
4FHjE.png
It works by using a Tier 5 Soul Shards Enderman spawner in a 12x5x12 box with quicksand on the third block up. The Enderman suffocate and Minefactory Reloaded conveyor belts (I added it in after Powercrystals rebooted it) carry the ender pearls to a transposer.

ATYPICAL

Jul 29, 2019
Too lazy to take screenshots after already making a whole video, the Turtle-Run Forcified Wither-Witherer 3013

Darkblock306

Jul 29, 2019
I see you're using the standard contraptionist's naming convention. Awesome.

Meet the Soul-fuelled Blazer-matronic steam generator 5000.

-snip-

2 Aqueous Accumulators and a T5 blaze shard feeding into a 36HP boiler.
Very nice good sir, you have inspired me to build something more impressive. And by impressive, I mean horrifying! Allow me to introduce my
COW RAPINATOR 9001inator.
uJrGA.png

It automatically fills milk buckets and empties it into my railcraft tank. Power is provided by a windmill and blulectric engine, but any buildcraft engine will do. If you have Plugins for Forestry, you can even power it on its own milk in a biogas engine. Plus, it scars the cow for life and ensures years of therapy!

Cisco78

Jul 29, 2019
Very nice good sir, you have inspired me to build something more impressive. And by impressive, I mean horrifying! Allow me to introduce my
COW RAPINATOR 9001inator.
uJrGA.png

It automatically fills milk buckets and empties it into my railcraft tank. Power is provided by a windmill and blulectric engine, but any buildcraft engine will do. If you have Plugins for Forestry, you can even power it on its own milk in a biogas engine. Plus, it scars the cow for life and ensures years of therapy!

Do the buckets auto eject from the liquid transposer? And is the deployer set to an output slot? I'm just a little fuzzy how you got that part to work :).

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
Do the buckets auto eject from the liquid transposer? And is the deployer set to an output slot? I'm just a little fuzzy how you got that part to work :).
Here's my quick setup trying to recreate that Milk-Drain-A-Ton:

Deployer is facing up towards the cow. Inside are empty buckets (my test uses a single stack of 16). Every redstone pulse makes the deployer fill one bucket with milk. I used two retrievers - first one is connected with pneumatic tubes to the deployer and is set to "draw milk buckets", sending them towards a Liquid Transposer set do "drain liquids". Make sure you place a rp2 cover between the input and output tubes. In this test, its a not very good to see sandstone cover. ;) Output connects (via pneumatic tubes) to the second retriever, set to "drain empty buckets and paint them white" (just to make absolutely sure the buckets don't get send to the first retriever in error) sending the (now) empty buckets back to the deployer. The deployer and the two retrievers are powered by a timer set to 1 second. The Liquid Transposer just needs power (any kind of BC energy) and no redstone pulses. The tanks in the bottom half are 3 high and its a five-by-five square of tank pillars. While I wrote this, the Cow-Milkinator filled 3 and a half of these tanks with some milk distributed among the rest of the tanks. I'm loving this. :D

cowrapinator_test.jpg

For the sake of the "What is this, I don't even... but I want one!" I powered all of this using a quick setup of a redstone-energy-cell and a batbox with a few solars.

Reactions: Darkblock306

Cisco78

Jul 29, 2019
Here's my quick setup trying to recreate that Milk-Drain-A-Ton:

Deployer is facing up towards the cow. Inside are empty buckets (my test uses a single stack of 16). Every redstone pulse makes the deployer fill one bucket with milk. I used two retrievers - first one is connected with pneumatic tubes to the deployer and is set to "draw milk buckets", sending them towards a Liquid Transposer set do "drain liquids". Make sure you place a rp2 cover between the input and output tubes. In this test, its a not very good to see sandstone cover. ;) Output connects (via pneumatic tubes) to the second retriever, set to "drain empty buckets and paint them white" (just to make absolutely sure the buckets don't get send to the first retriever in error) sending the (now) empty buckets back to the deployer. The deployer and the two retrievers are powered by a timer set to 1 second. The Liquid Transposer just needs power (any kind of BC energy) and no redstone pulses. The tanks in the bottom half are 3 high and its a five-by-five square of tank pillars. While I wrote this, the Cow-Milkinator filled 3 and a half of these tanks with some milk distributed among the rest of the tanks. I'm loving this. :D

View attachment 1243

For the sake of the "What is this, I don't even... but I want one!" I powered all of this using a quick setup of a redstone-energy-cell and a batbox with a few solars.

Awesome thanks! I'm about to start a massive "fill a bunch of tanks" project on our server. Just for fun really and milk was one of the options hehe. The rest will be Bio Mass, Bio Fuel, Oil and Fuel. I may even do a creosote tank. Each tank will be connected to a different system used to make or pump that particular liquid. Just seemed like a fun thing to do.

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
I'm about to start a massive "fill a bunch of tanks" project on our server.
You know, when I was watching the tanks getting filled up with Milk.. the little evul genius in the back of my head became hungry. So he went and tweaked the Milkinator a bit. He's no longer hungry now. Guess why? ;)

milk-cow-steak-i-nator.jpg
(of course you need eggs for this setup to work - and yes, the "detector" torches are a bit on the slow side.. but hey, [insert-evul-laughter-and-background-lightning-here] it works!)

Reactions: Darkblock306

Darkblock306

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks to Thermal Expansion's awesome side configurations, the milk buckets go in through the bottom, empty themselves, then they are autoejected to the top. My deployer setup is a bit funky, mostly because I built this out of sheer curiosity and did not refine it, but the deployer is on top, receives the timer's redstone pulse through a state cell that delays it, and it autodrops the buckets through the cow and into a transposer that takes the milk buckets into the transposer, and so forth. More complex then it probably could be, and not very elegant either, but effective. And as previously mentioned, the cow's mental scarring is priceless.

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
'Nother one: This one is the "Thermopile-Ice-I-Nator". Well, at least, it WOULD be, if the lava wouldn't turn into basalt just about every five seconds. But my evil gnomes over at D.E.I are working on a Bastalt-Magma-Liquify-I-Nator.. so not all hope is lost for this energy producing tower. ;) You might notice two things: The connection between the pipes is broken (It simply generated WAY too much iceblocks spilling them all over the place once all deployers are filled up - though I used some iron pipes later in order to prevent the spilling) and a block you might not know - that's an Energy Converter from Power Converters which I added into the pack myself.

icinator.jpg

In a nutshell, it's some Aqueous Accumulators, sending water to a Glacial Precipitator, which turns the water into iceblocks, these then are send to a circle of buildcraft pipes, connecting to a set of Deployers which do nothing, until any iceblock below them melts, because then the (having a 1 second puls connected to them) pistons above them push down the remaining iceblocks, leaving the top spot open - where the deployer now can place a new iceblock. Rewind and repeat.

madaffacca

Jul 29, 2019
100% automated biofuel production.
- Low pressure boiler provides steam to 4 commercial steam engines (12 MJ/t)
- Engines provide energy to a powered furnace, arboretum + logger, farm + combine, fermenter + still (there's actually a solar panel connected to a electric engine to help the still, but I try to avoid solars as much as I can)
- Logs produced get smelted in the furnace, charcoal get transported to the boiler. All the surplus charcoal ends up in an enderchest connected to my sorting room (enough fuel to let another 4x4x3 low pressure boiler run at full heat)
- Seeds produced get autocrafted in plantballs and macerated into dirt that get split 80% to humus production and 20% to compost production together with the wheat from the same farm
- Compost splits between fueling the fermenter and crafting the compost (WIP)

2013-01-12_104720_zps8cc8e6bb.png

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Hang on, biogas engines work with milk. That's it, my base is going to be run off milk power. Mwa HA HA HA.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Just wanted to post a little creation of mine.

2013-01-12_092453_zps4a9bf486.png

While I was thinking about Autocrafting Tables, I realized they had one drawback, they couldn't use non-stackables. You can put a chest next to them, but if they use buckets, the chest eventually gets clogged up with empty buckets. In order to remedy that, I came up with this little contraption. All you need is access to the liquid the bucket's being filled with in liquid form, and a few resources to start it up. (Back there's an Aqueous Accumulator filling up a portable tank.) The Redstone Engine draws out the items produced by the Autocrafting Table, activating the Gate, and, thus, the Redstone below and the adjacent Pulse Former. This adds a pulse to the Liquid Transposer, causing it to fill up one, and only one, Bucket. (It's being powered by an Electrical Engine, of course.) When the Redstone Engine drew out the crafting product, it also emptied the Bucket in the Hopper, which wasn't deposited into the Liquid Transposer before since there was already a Bucket in there. (Buckets can stack now, yay!) The empty bucket goes straight into the Liquid Transposer. The bucket the Liquid Transposer filled gets deposited back into the Hopper, and the cycle starts over.

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
Just wanted to post a little creation of mine.

2013-01-12_092453_zps4a9bf486.png

While I was thinking about Autocrafting Tables, I realized they had one drawback, they couldn't use non-stackables. You can put a chest next to them, but if they use buckets, the chest eventually gets clogged up with empty buckets. In order to remedy that, I came up with this little contraption. All you need is access to the liquid the bucket's being filled with in liquid form, and a few resources to start it up. (Back there's an Aqueous Accumulator filling up a portable tank.) The Redstone Engine draws out the items produced by the Autocrafting Table, activating the Gate, and, thus, the Redstone below and the adjacent Pulse Former. This adds a pulse to the Liquid Transposer, causing it to fill up one, and only one, Bucket. (It's being powered by an Electrical Engine, of course.) When the Redstone Engine drew out the crafting product, it also emptied the Bucket in the Hopper, which wasn't deposited into the Liquid Transposer before since there was already a Bucket in there. (Buckets can stack now, yay!) The empty bucket goes straight into the Liquid Transposer. The bucket the Liquid Transposer filled gets deposited back into the Hopper, and the cycle starts over.

You can also use a RP2 Deployer(?) to fill buckets with liquid. If you put a half slab opposite of the source you're scooping up it won't be able to empty any buckets either, so you can pretty much just hook up a Timer and have it fill buckets without any need for power (MJ/EU/etc). Another advantage is that you can put that Deployer right next to the auto crafting table (ACT) because the ACT will see the Deployer as a chest.
Though that setup is probably best for Water as you can just use an infinite spring with that. With Lava it's harder, because if you've got something placing Lava in front of a Deployer you might as well have the Lava feed into a Liquid Transposer.

I can post a screen if you want me to.