Setting up a Server - the config work

Sphinx2k

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,
I run a small 8 player Minecraft Server for some friends and myself.
Started a year ago with 1.4.x i worked my way through every config, documenting id range for every mod,... Hours of boring repetitive work. It worked out, i was keeping the mods updated but needed to check for every update if ids where changed or added.
Then we liked to get the new features of some mods and i decided to switch to 1.5.x. But i was to lazy to start working through the configs again and starting it all over. So it was the time that FTB has released the new launcher with the packs so i went to easy way and we played unleshed for some time on our server. Knowing it was only a short time till we reset and move to 1.6.x (because some mods left 1.5 out,...). But while it is super easy to work with a pack i found some config settings and stuff i don't like.

So here i am now thinking how about starting with 1.6. Waiting for FTB to Update, Using the ATLauncher with Resonance Rise and stuck with there configs not knowing if they suit me better. Or starting to set up a new Server by myself.
I would prefer starting by myself but i can't motive me to do the ID dance again.

I know that forge is trying to solve id conflicts automatic. But how reliant is it and do do i end up with a big mix if id ranges for every mod?
Is there a better way to change ids than to edit line after line after line,... for every config?
I did some double assigned id's in the past they where all easy to resolve but is there a good way to let the game check for double assigned ids before i find them by chance while playing?

oppositeZERO

Jul 29, 2019
Having recently made pretty much a custom 1.6.4 Unleashed Pack, ID conflict's weren't a big issue, I probably had under 20 conflicts in total, taking less than 5 minutes to fix :)

Sphinx2k

Jul 29, 2019
Having recently made pretty much a custom 1.6.4 Unleashed Pack, ID conflict's weren't a big issue, I probably had under 20 conflicts in total, taking less than 5 minutes to fix :)

Yes the ones that crash the game on startup are not so hard to fix. But i had some i found by accident. Crafting a Thaumic Robe got me a firefly. I don't know if item id conflicts trigger any error?