Server PvP Poll

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Enable PvP

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Yes in PvP areas

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

Gaz_

FTB App
Team Member
Web Developer
Global Moderator
Feb 4, 2013
I'm creating a Mincrack server and I have been wondering if PvP should be enabled. Before enabling PvP I would like your opinions on this.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Depends on the players / comunity you're trying to build.

My server has PvP on. The only time one player died to another was when I accidentally lazor'd DoctorOr.

But that server is pretty damn mature. In case you've got lots of young players, I'd reckon you'd want Yes in PvP. In case you like a little class warfare and potential MFFS and Nuclear battles, then PvP should be fine. Just be ready to restart the map every now and then. You could also use PvP as a test, leave it on, tell everyone that rules are no PvP, whoever breaks that gets a ban...

Other than that, noPvP is imo pretty damn boring, but you if you want lots of girls and peaceful builders / casual players on your server then that is an option as well.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Once your server gets established don't expect any new players unless your current playerbase are mature and respectable. Seen this happen on so many servers:

New player joins
Within 2 mins new player gets PKed
New player quits and finds another server

OmegaJasam

Jul 29, 2019
Considering the number of ways around no PvP in FTB, you're better off encouraging maturity then stopping PvP.

Else it becomes a 'who can nuke the world' contest rather then a 'my sword cuts through your armour' contest.