Server mods you consider necessary

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
So, there was a thread somewhere or another about mods that you considered 'core', this is more about servers. I'm going to be doing a private server with a few close friends, and I'm wondering what sort of server mods might be nice to have.

OPIS, of course. That's just simple. Also, the backup mod... forgot what that was, though. Maybe Morpheus for the sleep-voting thing.

Anything else you'd suggest?

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
FastCraft if its not a default in the pack of choice. Free performance boost.

Sampler from the spoiler in the FastCraft thread. Best low level profiler IMO, VisualVM compatible snapshot file format.

TickProfiler for at a glance performance debugging rather than waiting on Opis which also has a larger performance impact.

AdminCommandsToolbox for chunk pre-generation.

AromaBackup and JourneyMap were already mentioned.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Möbius may be the most underrated server mod going. Only 50% of people need to sleep to pass night. I'm not even sure what else it does, but that feature alone is worth all the diamonds above bedrock.

Reactions: psp

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Möbius may be the most underrated server mod going. Only 50% of people need to sleep to pass night. I'm not even sure what else it does, but that feature alone is worth all the diamonds above bedrock.
Do you mean Morpheus?

Reactions: Inaeo

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Interesting suggestions so far. ForgeEssentials seems to be geared more to public servers and preventing griefers, which isn't as big a problem since I personally know everyone who is going to be whitelisted for this server, so this is less of a problem. ServerTools is interesting, also has a backup module so I don't need to bother with AromaCore and AromaBackup. I think ServerTools has pretty much everything I need, more concerned with performance, backing up, and fixing world-corruption crashes, that sort of thing. Also monitoring and handling tic rate and other server metrics.